Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"Just relax Hanamichi, don't get nervous. Just think that you're in the same situation as them." Youhei advised Sakuragi while the redhead reading and memorizing the script he was holding for the audition.

"Nyahahaha....who told you I'm nervous. You see I'm relaxed..." He cheekily said as he stretching his arms.

"Truthfully, the script was complicated. You have to adopt the situation easily. Like the first one...it's a comedy. You have to be good in timing and have a sense of humor. Then the horror, the audience have to feel that you are really frighten although they just heard your voice."

"Sou ka.....but why was that? Comedy..then horror...and then this one drama and do I really have to sing?"

"Ahhh...it's okay Hanamichi, it's fine. In that way they will see how good you are in giving and adopting emotion to those characters. Even though they only your hear voice in the audition, they should feel the emotion when you talked."

"Ah.... I understand now.....but why I have to sing?"

"You see, sometimes there's a scene that the character needs to sing. Remembered my favorite anime when the girl fell in love with the guy with an awesome voice.....just forget the title."

"Ahhhh... I remember now! But I'm not interested in singing...."

"I know...it's just a part of voice acting. "

Their conversation was interrupted when one of the crew called Sakuragi for screening. They let him in inside the recording room with Youhei.

"Mito-kun...just a reminders. Although you recommend him, it doesn't mean that he passed the auditon and joined our casting... Okay?"

"I understand Hikari-san....but I trust him, I know he can do it."

Right before the audition, the head manager explained him the things the he must do or don't in auditioning.

After the screening, the audience outside the recording room was really pleased on his performance as he actually did it well in comedy and in horror. They took a break for awhile for the next scene. One of the crew, signal him to remove his headset so he can hear them.

"Sakuragi-san...our next scene is drama. This time, you have to think of the lines for the characters. As you noticed from the paper we gave you earlier it's only the scenes without any lines. You have to act as the two person..so if you can...please try to imitate two voices....can you do it?"

He just smiled and thumbs-up at them. He read the paper again and signal that he is ready.

(Scene: two person talking. The first person was sitting on the grass crying while the second person standing behind him.)

1st: Why? Am I a bad person Youhei? Why did this to me?"

Youhei startled when he heard his name. He asked the crew next to him to let him see the paper where they write the script and the scenes.

2nd: (he changed his voice) You're a good person Hanamichi....they are........

1st: Do they need know how much it hurt what did they do to me...it's hurt...really hurt Youhei! I can't.... (Sobbed heard from his voice)

In the scene, 'Youhei' approached Hanamichi to hugged him

2nd: (he changed his voice from crying to bring calm) Shhh. Stop crying Hanamichi. You will forget him...them someday. You just need time to heal and to forget.

The scene for drama was short. Audience welled up with tears after they watched it and clapped their hands.

Youhei doesn't know what to do that moment. How....how he will forget that scene he just seen. It's almost one year now since the same scene happened. He was afraid that it will affect of Sakuragi's performance, but more importantly, his condition. He wanted to grabbed him, to take him outside the studio to calm and comfort him, but he can't do it.

"Bravo....bravo Sakuragi-kun. You're so good. You made me cry on that short scene."
Praised one the audience in the room.

"The next one, you have to sing Sakuragi-kun. Doesn't really matter if you are that good or not. Because sometimes we have some scenes that the characters needs to sing. I'm confident that you can do it..." Said the head manager with a smile on her face.

He instantly put on the headset to hear the music. In the monitor, he can read the lyrics of the song. It reminds him of a karaoke, so he was glad and relaxed. They given him few minutes to study the music and the lyrics. Few more minutes, the intro started as he breath deeply and smirked, then starts to sing.

"Yasashii hidamari ni chaimu ga direi suru
Hoho wo naderu kaze ibuki wa fukakunatteku
Toomawari no namida namae tsuketa ashita
Kasanaru miraiiro no rain

Adokenai konna kimochi mo
Hajiketobu hodo waraiaeta hi mo
Taisetsu ni sodateteikeru youni
Togiretogire no toki wo koete
Takusan no hajimete wo kureta
Tsunagatteyuke todoke

In the middle of the song, the operator wanted to cut it but the manager stopped him. She was pleased on what she heard. That song was newly composed and they used it for the audition to also found someone who can sing it well. She wanted to hear more of the song from Sakuragi to hear if he's capable of singing it on a way she wanted it.

Seeing him smiling while and enjoying the song was a good sight for her. It was a really good on his mellow voice. Outside the recording room, few was clapping their hands and some tapping their feet to the beat of the song.

Houkago no yuuyami warau kimi no senaka
Hisokana sasayaki fureta koto no nai omoi no naka
Boku no naka no kimi to kimi no naka no boku de
Karamaru miraiiro no rain

Ameagari no machi no nioi to
Yumemitaina himitsu wo mune ni daite
Nandomo nakisou ni natte mata warau
Kangaeru yori zutto hayaku
Sono mune ni tobikometara ii
Tsunagatteyuke todoke

Nani yori mo daijina kimi no mae de
Kizutsukanai youni daiji ni shiteta no wa sou jibun
Sono hitogoto ga moshimo sayonara no kawari ni natteshimattemo
Ari no mama subete

Adokenai konna kimochi mo
Hajiketobu hodo waraiaeta hi mo
Taisetsu ni sodateteikeru youni
Honno sukoshi otona ni natteku
Kimi ni naritai boku wo koete
Tsunagatteyuke
Ima sugu kimi ni Todoke

People applauded after he sing. When he exit the room, some crew approached and they congratulate him. Even Youhei hugged him tight. His fear and worries about the redhead disappeared after the song.

Head manager patted him on his shoulder happily. "Good job Sakuragi-kun."

He smiled while his arms draped on Youhei's shoulder. "Thank you very much, Hikari-san."

"Congratulation Sakuragi-san. You'll be one of my lead voice actor choices....but the good news is..I want you to sing the opening and the closing theme song!" She declared happily and tousled his hair like a child.

"Eh...really! Thank you very much sensei. Honestly, I don't really want to be a singer. And besides I don't want to sing in front of many people. "

"Don't worry Sakuragi-kun. You don't have to sing in front of them. It's only your voice they'll hear for the songs...they will hear everytime they watch the new anime...will be shown later on"

"Hmm... I get it now. But I don't really sing that well...sensei..."

"You have a talent Sakuragi-kun. Just need more practice...and it will be better soon..."

"Thank you very much Hikari-san."

"Please just wait for my call to know when we will start our story cinference. Actually we're almost done in editing for the anime, we just need the voice actors. Before, we used to have other voice actors, but they were busy lately. It's hard to have some voice actors from the other company"

"Ah, I see. That's why suddenly, you have this audition for voice actors..." Said Youhei when he heard her explanation.

"Honestly, we send the Animes to other companies to do the voice acting. Since we had our new president here in Asahi. He wants us to have our own voice actors, though it's not that easy. He also suggests us to hired part-timers and college student...so at least help them, as same as they can help us. Voice actors..are not really a full time job.

"Now we get it! That's why most of the time anime characters voices were the same voices,..."

"Right,,,okay you can leave and rest now. Please just wait for my call. Maybe this coming sunday we will have our story conference."

Then they leave the studio and thanked the manager. On their way out, they greet the rest of the applicants waiting in the hallway.

"Congrats Hanamichi. I knew it...you actually did it. Aren't you happy Hanamichi. Before you used to dream to be a famous singer and sounds like Son Goku....hahaha"

"I'm really happy Youhei...but you see...I'm still worried. What if they want me to sing on TV?"

"Hanamichi, do't be scared, that's not you. And even if it's happen, what are you scared for?"

"Because...maybe they'll see and find me...."

"You know you can't hide forever Hanamichi. Japan is too small. Rukawa see you once. Just proved them that you're already moved on and forget them.

"I know Youhei...but sometimes... I just can't help it...but to think."

"It will be alright. This is your first step. I know basketball is more important for you, but don't you think that it was really good opportunity to reach what you really want in your life."

"That was before Youhei...only you and Otoosan always told me that I have a talents in singing..."

"It's true Hanamichi, you just don't noticed it. Hikari-san was right, just need more practice and you'll be a great singer. Right! Why don't we eat sushi today.....for celebration....you know! Hehehe"

"Hmmm... I think I craved for some sushi too..."

They turned back when they heard it and to see who is it. They were surprised to see Shinohara and next to him Asami who's holding some folders.

"Sensei! How are you? What are you doing here?"

"I'm fine Sakuragi-kun. We just have to fixed something here. And you...what are you two doing here?"

"Hanamichi went for audition, Shinohara-san...Asami-san. Luckily, he passed the screening that's why we want to eat sushi." Said Youhei, who is really proud for his best friend.

They went all together to leave the building while talking.

"You want to be an actor... Sakuragi-kun?" Asked Asami, walking next to him.

Sakuragi just blushed and can't say any words that Youhei noticed it so he answered for him. "No Asami-san, he auditioned for voice actor. To tell you the truth, he has a talent in voice acting." He grinned.

"But wait Sakuragi-kun, why didn't you auditioned as a singer or at least joined in singing contest? You have a wonderful voice...it'll be a waste if you don't use it."

"I also said that to him Shinohara-san. But he's lack of self-confidence."

"Why don't you try it Sakuragi-kun? So you don't have to work late at night, just one song and you earn much more."

"Wait sensei,,you own the bar right? It's seems you don't want me to work for you heheheeh..."

"No, that's not the issue. I know it's hard for you to study and to work late at night, although there is no school for the next day. And aside from that, don't you afraid form our customer..."

"I get used to it sensei...just one headbutt....hehehehe"

Asami stopped in front and seriously looked at him. "You can't do it every time they want to be close to you Sakuragi-kun. And I don't why them to touched you....why don't you let me to support you for everything....."

Shinohara sees the seriousness of his friend so as he always does, he interrupt and changed the topic. "Why didn't we get in the car and look for some place to eat sushi.....hehehe"

Shinohara drive the car, Youhei next to him. While at the back seat Asami and Sakuragi sitting close together. The redhead pretend to be asleep to avoid some conversation and query from Asami. He knew that the older guy was serious about the offer, but he can't just accept it. He actually wanted to know him more and more as the day passing by that they always see each other. He don't really know why, but seeing and being close to Asami, makes his heart beat like crazy.