Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Bouncing balls. Rubber shoes squeaks against the floor. Sweaty players. Every players having their own practice that day. Today is the first day try-out for those who want to be a part of a team. For the past few years, Tokyo Uni's basketball was known for being the best among other college basketball team across Japan.

Joining the club was not so easy as it seems. Each players were carefully chosen. All of their regular members choose not only for their talents but also because of their academic grades. There was a lot of those players, dreaming and wanting to be part of their team, but in the end only few were stayed. The best among the rest.

Nagi Ueki, the team manager holding a files of application form from those who want to join their team. So far, there are fifteen applicants sign up for today's try-out. One by one, he carefully studied and absorbed the details written on the form. And there is one name, that very familiar name that makes him shivered.

"Who had thought that he will study here in Tokyo?"He mumbled.

"Ueki-kun, how many applicants do we have so far? Any interesting applicants?

You look happy." Asked Sagawara while dribbling the ball.

"Actually there is one, but I can't tell you now Captain." He reply and fixing his thick eyeglass.

Hearing what he said, other players look at his direction. Sawakita and Kikomoto was too interested to find out, so they ran on him to ask who might that be. But before it happens, the team coach arrive, Coach Mifune Saito.

"Everyone gather!" Shout team captain Sagawara and the members gather around him.

"Today is the first day try-out. I expected all of you to perform at your best. I want all of you to cooperate. Remember, we are one number in Japan. Show to all freshmen what we got! Our guts! Discipline and cooperation is our number one rules in our team! It that all clear?" Said Coach while walking and staring at each team member like a militar commander.

"This year, we have a lot of new applicants, and I assume that each one of them will stay and continue to give us victory. Seniors, I want all of you to guide all our freshmen the best as you can. Am i clear?"

"Sir yes Sir!" Everyone replied. They're all excited to meet all new applicants.

Since Coach Mifune Saito handles Tokyo University basketball team, they continue for being the best college basketball team in Japan. He believed that winning always begins with discipline. He trained all the players like army does. Aside from that, he obliged each one of them to focus both studies and club activities. Each member have to submit their class schedule to their manager. It is very important for him to know how they time to spent their precious in studying and practicing. He personally make their daily practice schedule, depends on their available time.

Not just the his own team, even the most of his co-workers, other professor admired him for being responsible. They admired him for valuing education as same he as valued basketball. Team members wasn't accepted for having an exceptional talents in basketball, but high grades is also a must.

"Ueki-kun can I check the application form?"

"Yes please sensei!" handling the files to his coach.

After checking and reading the the list of the applicants, he took one of the form. While folding it, he handed back the files to his manager.

Ueki noticed this, and he was really sure that the application form that the coach took was the form of the applicants he set his eyes on. Wondering what was the coach thinking.