Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Maki was sitting in the corner of the food chain while waiting for Sakuragi to finish his work. His gazed never leaved him, as the redhead happily served his customer. He just realized how popular he is, not only with the girls, but also few men in the food chain keep staring at the innocent redhead. He can't blame them. Aside from being tall, he's gorgeous. The simple shirt and pants he wore as a uniform revealed his perfect body.

At the end of the Winter Cup, he witnessed how he dramatically changed. The redhead became more good-looking, more matured and responsible not like he used to know him before. He was really glad to think that he was a part of his change. And also become a important person in redhead's life.

After few minutes, Sakuragi approached him "Shin-chan, just take my bath and then we'll go home."

He smiled back at him, then remembered the day when they become a good friends.

Flashback

(Sakuragi's senior year)

It's his semestral break in college, so he decided to go have his vacation at Kanagawa. He was driving his car that afternoon to went a public court where he used to play with his former team mate. When he spotted his favorite court, he parked his car to get the ball at the backseat. He heard some murmurs when he's near, so he stopped and listened for a while.

He didn't expect to see that scene. At the back of the big tree, he saw both of them kissing passionately. The younger guy leaned at the tree while tousling the older's hair. The older kissing him at his neck going down to his almost half-naked chest. He clearly saw how he put his hands inside the younger's crotch that makes the him moaned.

So not to disturb the 'lovers', he slowly walked away to avoid some noise. He was surprised to find out that he's not alone and saw the other guy's reaction on the scene he just saw. He witnessed how the guy tried not to cry out loud and covered his mouth to not to say anything. The guy slowly stumbled on the floor so he snatched him away and take him to his car.

On his car, the guy finally burst into tears and tried to wiped them away. He decided to take him to his house to at least calm him down.

"Sakuragi-kun, drink this and please calm down."he handed him the glass of water and touching his back to comfort him.

After he drink, he suddenly hugged Maki and cried again. Kainan's ex-captain feel his pain at what he witnessed. Even though the redhead never say any words, he knew that the guy on his arms wanted to shout and to cried as much as he can to take out all the pain he felt inside.

"Shhh....Sakuragi-kun, calm down. Stop crying now, if you want to say something I'm here to listen. You have to say something .I know I can't do anything but at least to lessen the pain you feel."and he hugged him more tightly

He slowly looked at him. Maki saw the pain and sorrow from the redhead's eyes. "Maki-san, if you were me, will you do the same thing? To hide and walk away?"

"I don't know....I am so sorry Sakuragi-kun."

"I tried to ignored them. Not just once...twice....but many times I caught them sleeping in our bed. I did not say anything. I always thought it's normal since their are close to me. They are both important to me. But.....but...."

"Shh....Saku....."

"I endured everything because I don't want to lose them. Every time........ I asked Kaede to have game with me, he's tired and he just played with Akira. I really do my best to study in the morning and work at night for him. I want to save money so I can go with him to college. But why......why....him...Kaede and Akira.....why them.....I trust them....both of them...."

"Sakuragi-kun, you have to talk.....talk about it.....maybe...just maybe you lack of something....

"Lack of something? What? Me.....I tried so hard...Maki-san....so hard...and .that's killing me.... Eveything I do just for him....I try to reach him, to reach his level...... Why them... He and Akira....Maki-san...why?!!!!tell me what's the reason? Why they do this to me?'

"Talk about it Sakuragi-kun. Or else you have to set him free...set them free...that's all you can do for now..... We're just human being Sakuragi-kun, we're not perfect, we make mistakes, whether we like or not....."

"Sometimes....no....most of the time, I want to kill my self...I just wanted to die....Maki-san..I'm an orphan, I only have the gundam, Kaede and Akira....but now....I don't know.....

"Ssshhh...don't talk like that, Sakuragi-kun. You still have Anzai-sensei, the gundam...Haruko and the team. Remember, they're just Rukawa and Sendoh, and you're Hanamichi Sakuragi. And don't forget you also have me....from now on....you'll have me...." He said as he never let go and hugged him more tightly.

Slowly, he put the redhead's head on his lap. After few minutes, he found him sleeping with a few tears on his cheeks. He stared at the redhead, caressing his face and just to noticed how he looked so innocent as a child while he sleeping.

Behind him, Fujima and Hanagata approached him and tapped his shoulder. They stayed together in the same apartment every time they had their sem break in college. "He will be fine Maki-kun. If we just stop him....he won't see them...."

Startled when he tapped him and asked "What do you mean Hanagata-kun?"

"We're on our way to the court when we saw them. We left and then Sakuragi on the other side coming....we can't do anything to stop him. And it's good you're there....or else....or else we don't know what will happen next...." Explained Hanagata looking at the sleeping redhead.

"It's better........it won't be helped if this keep on going like this....I feel sorry for him...but I think it's better for him now to know about them..." Maki combing the redhead's hair with his finger.

"Ne, Shinichi-kun....he needs you now...take care of him..." Said Fujima and decided to went on their own room and leave them.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"Ahhh...Shin-chan...I'm sorry, we're really late."

"Okay, did you eat? We'll have chinese food...it's in my car. Or your place or mine?"

"Hmmm, wait let me call Youhei first."

After calling Youhei, they went on Maki's place. He found out the Youhei won't be home and sleep over at his classmate's house to finish some projects.

When they reached his house, they went straight to his kitchen. "Ne, Shin-chan, can I sleep here?

"Of course. But how about your uniform?"

"Don't worry about that. I always have extra on my locker. Nyahahahah. And also can you help me with something?"

"About?"

"English... I have presentation next week. I don't where to start."

"I see. Why don't stay here for a week so I can help you....."

"That's a good idea Shin-chan. And then you always pick me up with you car Nyahahaha....but I think I cannot. It's too much....you know..."

"No problem with me...."

"Thank you Shin-chan. But just for tonight..."

After eating and cleaning up, they went on Maki's room. He managed to explained him everything he needs for his presentation. He also remind him to remember all the pointers he needs to used so won't failed his presentation. Almost two hours past, they decided to stop and to sleep.

"Wow, Shin-chan...I really love your bed! It's so soft....."he jumped on Maki's bed like a child.

Maki handed him some of his pajama, he went to the bathroom to brush and to change. After Sakuragi changed his clothes to Maki's pajama, he also followed him to the bathroom to brush.

They both went on Maki's bed. "ne, Shin-chan, can I sleep next to you?"

"Yeah....sure...." Answered Maki while fixing his pillow to lay down. "Good night Hana....."and he kissed him gently on his lips.

"Good night Shin-chan...." He kissed him back and smiled before he closed his eyes.