CHAPTER 52

Walking into the hospital, I scrunched my nose up as I smelled the intoxicating smell that hospitals aways have. I waited for Faye and mum to sign in before we all made our way to the elevator. Calum was on the very top floor, so the elevator ride was kind of long. Once the doors opened I was the first to walk out of them. Turning around to face Faye and mum I quickly asked,

"What room is he in?"

"Room 526." Replied Faye.

As soon as she said that, I was quick to make my way down the hallway. Looking at various doors as I passed them, checking the door numbers on them. Stopping as I got to 520, I started walking slowly until I came face to face with door number 526.

Taking in a deep breath, I grabbed the handle and turned it. Slowly walking into the room, I seen Calum laying in a hospital bed, wires going in and out his arms, a bandage around his forehead and some beeping machine that sat beside his bed. He had a breathing mask  on his mouth and I felt tears built up in my eyes.

Walking over to his bed, I took a seat in one of the chairs beside his bed and gripped his hand in mine. Breathing in through my nose and out my mouth, I started talking. Hoping somehow he hears me.

"Calum, I don't know why this had to happen to you. A great guy who never did anything wrong. You don't deserve to be here in this hospital bed in a coma. You really don't. I honestly don't know what to say right now, I'm still in shock that this happend to you. I just wish you'd wake up and tell me everything is going to be alright. And we'd laugh at lame jokes we'd tell eachother, just like old times. Please Calum.." I said the last part as tears started falling freely down my cheeks.

Hearing the door open behind me, I turned around and seen my mum and Faye walking through the door. When they seen that I have been crying, a look of sadness over took their features.

"Mum, please tell me he'll be alright." I mumbled as I gripped Calum's hand tighter.

"I don't know sweety. I wish I could say everything will be alright but I don't know."

Sighing, I turned and faced Calum. His face was pale and I noticed a small cut on his cheek.

"I can't loose him mum.." I said, wiping away my tears with my free hand. "I just can't."

○○○

Every day since I arrived in California, I've been visiting Calum and seeing how he's doing. It was a Friday night in the first week of being in California that Edward visited. Because he lives with one of his friends, he doesn't come visit his mum (Autie Faye) much. While he was staying at the house, he talked me into something I don't do very much.

Party.

The party was being held at some guys house that Edward always went to partys at. I don't even know how Edward talked me into this but I guess that's just one of his traits; talking people into doing things they normally wouldn't do.

While I was getting ready my phone buzzed on the side table. Grabbing it from there, I unlocked it and opened the text up. It was from Louis.

'Hi love, just wanted to see how you're doing. I miss you a lot, and one more week left 'til I can see you! Hope Calum's doing alright, love you Bridgit the midgit! ;)'

Quickly typing in a reply, since Edward was shouting at me from downstairs.

'Hey Loubear! ;) And I'm doing alright so far. I miss you and the others a lot :( Calum's not making any progress from what I've seen. And I've been visiting him practically everyday. I love you too Loubear! And it won't be long 'til I'm back in Manchester :)'