CHAPTER 55

Two days passed since I told Harry about my strange dream. The next morning of that day we had baked cookies and watched Christmas movies all day practically. Tomorrow was Christmas Eve and it was also Louis' birthday tomorrow too. He was turning 22 years old and said and I quote,

"22 is old!"

But of course Louis being Louis he soon cheered up and remained the happy Doncaster boy he always is.

While Harry and I were sitting on the couch watching some Christmas movie I forgot the name of, I thought of something. Shouldn't he be spending Christmas with his family? He never really spilled much detail about his family so I don't know much about them.

"Harry?"

"Hm?" He hummed, not taking his eyes off the telly.

"Are you spending Christmas with your family?"

I noticed he tensed up at the mention of 'Family' but soon relaxed. Turning his attention away from the telly he looked at me.

"I don't have a family."

"What do you mean you don't have a family?" I sputter, not believing the words coming out of his mouth.

"My dad's an alcoholic, walked out on my mum, sister and I when I was pretty young, my mum developed depression because of it and soon became an alcoholic as well. Forcing my sister to take care of me and herself. Maria; my sister doesn't live close around here, she moved to get away from the past and the memories it held. And any relatives I have don't give a shit about me, never did."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

"It's alright.."

"I know how you feel though."

"How?"

"My father walked out on me when I was younger as well, leaving my mum to fend for herself and my brother and I. My mum did develop an alcohol addiction but soon sobered us for my brother and I, knowing she had a responsibility as a parent."

Harry brought me into a hug, rubbing my back for comfort. We just stayed like that, not talking and just being comfortable in the embrace we were in. We than proceeded to watching Christmas movies for the next few hours.

And at around 5pm Harry left, saying he'd come back and visit me after. I than started debating what to do to keep myself occupied while Harry was gone, because Liza was out with Zayn somewhere, Louis was spending Christmas with his family and Liam was in Wolverhampton, visiting his family that didn't live here.

○○○

Looking up at the building, I wondered if it was even open. It looked so.....vacant. Hugging my coat tighter against my body, I made my way up the steps and pulled open the doors and walked into the heated building. Not many people were in here, the most being ten probably.

Walking over to a table, I sat down and debated what to study first. I was at the library to study for next semester. I know it's Christmas break and all and I should be taking a break from school work but I just want to be prepared for when I go back. I know what you're thinking. Nerd.

Tapping my fingers on the table in front of me, I tried deciding what to study first. Suddenly feeling a presence sitting in front of me, I looked up and was met with an unfamiliar guy that looked to be my age, maybe slightly older. College kid?

"May I help you?" I asked, not meaning to come off as rude.

"You're Bridgit right?"

"How do you know my name?"