03.

╔═══════════╗

'𝘿𝙊𝙉❜𝙏 𝙒𝙊𝙍𝙍𝙔,
𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙂.'

╚═════♡═════╝

It had been a few days since Victoria arrived at the Shelby household, the days spent held up in the bedroom trying to sleep away her pain

It had been a few days since Victoria arrived at the Shelby household, the days spent held up in the bedroom trying to sleep away her pain. It never worked because everytime she woke up, she was reminded of her brother's death and the pain threw her all over again. Both Polly and Tommy had often been bringing her food to keep up her strength, the only response would be to nibble a small amount here and there.  She hadn't seen or spoke to anyone else but had heard Tommy ordering Michael and John to keep their noise down to allow Victoria to rest. She often wondered if Michael had told Tommy of his findings but deep down she knew if he had, Tommy would have booked her onto the next train out of Small Heath.

A small knock at the door gathered her attention. "Come in," Victoria shouted as she slowly stood up, pulling her bedtime robe on to cover herself up. The door opened and inwalked Polly, a sympathetic smile already all over her face. "Do you feel ready enough to get dressed ? Maybe join us all for some dinner later on?" She asked, walking over to the windows, pulling the curtains open properly before opening the windows to allow fresh air into the room. "I think I will, it's about time I showed my face." Victoria softly smiled as she walked over to her trunk of clothes. For comfort, she pulled out her favourite navy cotton dress, grateful that Micheal had atleast packed it.

"That looks beautiful. We're headed out now to open up shop, but if you need us we're only down the road." Polly nodded before exiting the room to allow her to get ready.

Victoria slipped off her night gown and folded it onto the bottom of the bed ready for later. Slowly she pulled on her dress, it was short sleeved and flowed down to her mid-calf. A blue ribbon wrapped around her waist to allow the dress to shape her body more. Quickly using the reflection from Tommy's hip flask left on the cabinet, she steadily ran her signature red lipstick across her lips that contrasted with her pale face, her light display of freckles running across her cheeks.  With a black eye pencil she ran across her upper lid with a thin line to make her eyes stand out more. Putting on her small amount of her makeup was her way of painting on her brave face, like she could conquer the world while behind closed doors she was breaking apart. She gave herself a smile in the reflection before putting the alcohol tin back down on the side table.

Her time at the Shelby home would soon be coming to an end so she wanted to leave a good lasting impression by always looking her best. She would always be forever grateful to the Shelby family for allowing her into their home, for taking care of her and allowing her time while she handled the early stages of her grief. As lovely as the Shelby family were, she knew they would eventually want their space back so she would need to head back home.

Victoria slipped on her small pointed, black kitten heels  while brushing her hair back into a tidy bun, allowing a few stray pieces of hair to fall down to frame her face.  Just as she was giving herself the once over again in reflection from Tommy's hip flask, she had a loud crashing from downstairs, almost as if someone had fallen over.