12.

╔═══════════╗

'𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙔 𝘾𝘼𝙇𝙈,
𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙂.'

╚═════♡═════╝

After celebrating late into the previous night about Victoria's return to their family home, the Shelby family woke up slightly later than they usually did

After celebrating late into the previous night about Victoria's return to their family home, the Shelby family woke up slightly later than they usually did. But as soon as they did all come around, they all had a brief conference to talk about what they would do and possible complications that they may face. Once they figured everything out they all split up and got themselves dressed ready for their evening in London. A soft tune played out throughout the house from the player in the hallway. There was a positive atmosphere in the Shelby household, everyone was humming along to the soft tune that played, everyone seemed happy. Something that was rare amongst their family. But as excited as they were ahead of Victoria returning to them, they needed to focus on the task they had in front of them. Which was to protect her from any harm that may come to her. The hours that was leading up to the family's departure from Birmingham to the London ball slowly started to creep up on them.

Once the ladies were dressed they walked down in their dresses to the men at the bottom of stairs like they had done for the day at the races. Polly wore a dark blue silk dress that loosely fitted her frame with her white button up jacket over her shoulders. Ada followed behind her aunt and wore a loose deep red dress fitted her nicely. They had picked out the dresses so that they corresponded well with one another.

They all gathered in the living room for a final run through of their plan to make sure everyone was fully aware. Not only were the Shelby and the Gray family attending, but they had attained the help of Johnny dogs, whom had become a close member of the family during business. Finn and Michael had also managed to persuade Isaiah to come along to help since he had also become part of the Peaky Blinders. There were no lengths that Tommy wouldn't go to to ensure the safety of Victoria. After they had briefly ran through their plan, everyone walked outside to where the cars were ready for them to take. The family all split up into the three cars, with Arthur, Tommy and John driving each of them and soon they drove off starting their journey to London.

The family had thought it through and decided that driving to their destination would be a lot safer for them and for Victoria instead of taking the train. The drive would be long; however, they knew it would be completely worth it in the end.

Meanwhile on the other side of London, Victoria was applying the finishing touches to her makeup, her hair had already been loosely pulled back into a small bun with a few pieces of stray hair hung around her face. Once she felt content she pulled on what James had told her to wear, it was a white fitted dress that had black patterned lace across her chest and upper torso. Victoria then walked over to her mirror and looked back at herself, she disliked herself wearing what he had chosen, and every ounce of her was filled with discomfort. The neckline of the dress was much higher than what she usually wore, and she placed her hand at the base of her neck, it was so obvious that something was missing. Without looking at herself for any longer she walked over to where her small white kitten heels sat. Just as she was stepping into them there was a knock at her door, part of her deeply hoped that it would be tommy coming to get her. However, that hope was soon diminished when James let himself into her home and walked into her bedroom, leaning against the door frame so that she couldn't walk away from him. "Rumour has it that the Peaky Blinders are headed up to London tonight, did you have anything to do with that?" James questioned as he crossed his arms across his chest. Victoria took a step back away from him and shook her head, "no. I already told you that the Shelby family don't mean anything to me, they never did." She shrugged, her words laced with lies. To which she had to question herself on when she had become so dishonest. James stepped closer to her and grabbed her wrist with a tight grip, "if I find out that you're lying to me, I'll make sure that you regret every single of it." He whispered harshly. Victoria almost shook with the fear and let out a soft whimper, "please let go, you're hurting me. Let's just go to the ball so that you can go on to impress all your friends there..." He then tightened his grip on her wrist and pulled her in closer to him. "If you let me down and make me look like a fool then not only will you get hurt but everyone that you care about will do too... and it will be all your fault." He muttered, his sickly-sweet smile said a lot about him as a person. He tormented her and hurt her every single chance that he got but he put on his smile and had managed to convince everyone that he was a good man that wouldn't hurt a fly. Finally, James let go of her wrist and took a step back as he allowed her to finish getting ready to go. Once she had her hands back she walked on over to her dressing table and picked up her powder sponge, applying a small amount to the bruises that had started to form. Then Victoria pulled on her white lace gloves that covered her bruised wrists better before she slipped on her cream coat with a faux fur neckline on over her shoulders. After letting out a sigh of defeat she picked up her small white clutch bag that sat on her desk, she turned to face him, "let's go then..."