14.

TRIGGER WARNING; I am placing a Trigger warning over this chapter, There are scenes involving R--- in this chapter. If you feel you can't read on for the rest of this story then I completely understand. If topics mentioned not only this chapter but story affects you, please know that there is support and help available. My Messages are always open if anyone needs to talk. Please put your mental well-being first. ♡
------------------------------

╔═══════════╗

'𝙄❜𝙈 𝙎𝙊 𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙐𝘿 𝙊𝙁 𝙔𝙊𝙐,
𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙂.'

╚═════♡═════╝

It had been several days since Victoria left the hospital with Tommy by her side, several long days since she was brave enough to be outside

It had been several days since Victoria left the hospital with Tommy by her side, several long days since she was brave enough to be outside. Her days recovering had been spent laid up in the bed that she shared with Tommy, her attention focused solely on the book she was reading. Everybody had tried their hardest to encourage her to leave the house even for just a moment, but the fear that had been looming over her was just too much for her to overcome. Since the attack on her had been so brutal, the doctor from the local medical centre had visited several times for regular check-ups to make sure that she was healing at a good pace. The bruises and cuts that were still planted across her petite frame, they acted as a constant reminder of the brutality that she had faced. They also reminded her of the strength that she had within her to overcome that nightmare.

Victoria rested against the headboard of the bed and glanced over at the open window, a light breeze coming in. Since she had been laid up in bed reading, Tommy would stop off on his way home and buy her a new book every evening, leaving it on her bedside table when he got up the next day for her to wake up to. She leaned over to the bedside table to pick up the new book that had been left for her when there was a light knock at the door. Victoria picked up her book and the door slowly opened, Arthur stepped into the bedroom and closed the doo behind himself. "Could I possibly ask you for a favour?" Arthur questioned standing at the side of her bed.

Victoria sat up straight in the bed with a polite smile and nodded her head, "of course you can. What is it Arthur?" He seemed to hesitate for a moment before clearing his throat. "Well you're very skilled when it comes to numbers, better than anyone else in the family. So, I was wondering if you could come take a look at the books, there down in the booking office because I thought that would be closer for us to go to. But I could bring them here for you." Arthur explained as he took his cap off, holding it in his hands.

She couldn't allow that man to continue ruining her life, he had taken too much from her already. Deep within her Victoria had the strength to over-come the nightmare, she was going to use that inner strength to continue through the ongoing struggles in her head.

"Of course, I will Arthur, there is no need to bring the books here. It's about time that I was able to leave the house, will there be anyone else there too?" Victoria questioned as she climbed out of the bed, straightened herself up and made the bed neatly. Arthur nodded as he watched her. "Finn and Isaiah will be there at all times, but John will be in and out of the office. At no point will you be alone, there will always be someone there." He reassured, putting his cap back on his head.