39.

╔═══════════╗

'𝙄𝙏❜𝙎 𝘽𝙀𝙀𝙉 16 𝙔𝙀𝘼𝙍𝙎,
𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙂.'

╚═════♡═════╝

Sixteen years had passed since their wedding day and life hadn't changed too much for the Owen-Shelby family

Sixteen years had passed since their wedding day and life hadn't changed too much for the Owen-Shelby family. They still lived in their family home that Tommy had picked out for them before the twins were born, with very few changes around the house to fit the times as the years passed by them. Tommy had stuck to his word since the twins were born and for the sake of his family he had stayed away from the illegal side of their business and trouble hadn't come knocking at their door since. Instead he followed other business opportunities that he knew were safer for his family.

On the other hand, Victoria continued to work at the medical centre in Small Heath, she enjoyed the different stories she heard with each person that came into her room, making many friends along the way. It was the anniversary of Danny's death, not a day went by they didn't think of him and miss him more than they ever thought possible, they wished for nothing more than to spend just an hour longer with him. Tommy had decided to surprise his wife and was waiting for her to come out at the end of her shift with their three children waiting along with him. Once their children had reached a certain age they began to wander off with friends and it wasn't often that they were able to spend much time all together as a family.

Laughing along with one of her work colleagues, Victoria exited out the front of the medical centre and her eyes immediately spotted Tommy and the children, all squeezed onto the wooden bench opposite, the same bench Tommy remained on when Victoria went into an appointment while pregnant with the twins. That same bench had been a part of their marriage, had been their place of comfort during both bad times and good.

After saying goodbye to her work colleague and walked over to where they sat with her heartwarming smile, "what are you all doing here?" She questioned as they all stood up, Tommy taking her doctors bag from her hands. "I know what day it is today.." Tommy began as they began walking down the lane, "I thought we could get some flowers from the florists and all take them down to Danny." One of the things that Victoria loved most about her husband is all the small gestures that he did, like waking up earlier than he needed just to make her breakfast so she didn't have to rush on her way to work, or bringing her lunch while at work or when he bought her flowers when she needed a boost. It was always the little things that mattered most to her.

The small florist that they visited frequently was the same florist that they had been going to for decades, the only thing changing was the person behind the counter. At the beginning was a little older lady but now her daughter had taken over their family business. The bell still rang out when they all stepped in through the front door and immediately all the floral scents began to consume anyone that walked in, drawing your attention to all the rainbow of colours that was spread all around the room. "Tommy ordered your bunch ahead of time, I hope they're good enough for you, I know how special this bunch is for you." Mabel said from behind the counter as she laid the bunch out on the counter, wrapped in brown paper and string to keep them all together. "Yellow roses, pink carnations and gladiolus, to honour and remember those that have departed, along with some green foliage mixed in to give it more colour." She explained as Victoria picked the bunch up, taking in the beautiful scents of the flowers all blended well.