05.

╔═══════════╗

'𝙀𝙉𝙅𝙊𝙔 𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙍𝙎𝙀𝙇𝙁,
𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙂.'

╚═════♡═════╝

The light from outside shone through the crack in the curtains, blinding Victoria instantly as her eyes slowly opened

The light from outside shone through the crack in the curtains, blinding Victoria instantly as her eyes slowly opened. She laid still for a moment, enjoying the sound of life peacefully moving on around her, the pain of losing her brother still freshly running through her.

Just as she was lifting herself out of their bed, a knock at the door echoed through the room. "Coming!" Victoria called out as she slipped her silk dressing gown on over her night wear, quickly tying the belt up. She then walked over to the door and twisted the door knob before pulling the door open, a light smile flashing over her when she noticed who stood in front of her.

"Good morning Ada."

Ada raised her eyebrow when she noticed that Victoria was still dressed in her night wear. "You may want to hurry up and get dressed in your best, we're going to the dress shop. Aunt Pol' is just eating her breakfast and she wants to be off soon after because the boys are starting to annoy her."

"I shall get ready now, I'll be straight down." Victoria chuckled before closing the door once Ada had made her departure. She turned back and glanced at the bed and sighed, another morning to count that she had woken without Tommy by her side, much to her despair. Shaking away her thoughts, Victoria opened up her trunk and looked through the dresses that had been packed for her, eventually lifting a one out and laying it on the bed.

With a light hum, she softly slipped the night dress and dropped it to the floor. She smiled as she pulled on a cream dress, smoothing it down her body and then stepped into a pair kitten heels that matched the dress just right. Victoria decided to pin back a few pieces of hair out from her face and allowed the rest to naturally fall down over her shoulders. After applying a light coat of red lipstick to her lips and a small amount of powder across her cheeks, she picked up her brown dress cost and stepped out of the bedroom.

Her heels clicked against the wooden flooring as she walked along the hallway towards the larger mirror. The cream dress with a white collar that she had chosen fit her upper body in all the right places and pulled in at her waist with a small pink bow before flowing down her mid calf.