34.

╔═══════════╗

'𝙏𝙒𝙄𝙉𝙎,
𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙂.'

╚═════♡═════╝

Victoria stepped out of the medical centre, the shock still plastered across her face

Victoria stepped out of the medical centre, the shock still plastered across her face. She stumbled over to the bench that sat beside the entrance and sat herself down. They had never planned to have one more child, let alone two more. The way Tommy was towards celebrating Timothy's first birthday had led her to believe that he didn't care much for the child that they already had.

As the thoughts begin to swim around in her mind, a body sat down beside her. Victoria knew who it was without even having to look up, his presence had always made her feel so safe. "I waited for you. I wanted to be there for you when you came out of there because I knew you were worrying about everything before you went in there." Tommy spoke as he softly placed his hand on top of hers.

When Victoria looked up at him and their eyes met, a tear fell stray and rolled down her cheek. Her mind was at war with her heart, she couldn't decide between what she wanted and what was right for the situation. She stood to her feel, wiped the stray tears and cleared her throat. "I would like to call a family meeting to inform you of some changes, it's quite important, so I would appreciate it if you could ask everyone to gather at our house in an hour or two."

Tommy quickly stood to his feet, grabbing a hold of her hand. "What did they say in there? What is going on?" He asked, the confusion etching into his face. She pulled her hand away from his grip and shook her head, "I just need some time, Tommy. Please just give me time. I will tell you all later." She nodded with a weak smile before turning away and walking away from him.

He let out a soft sigh, watching as she eventually walked out of his sight. He then began to walk away from the medical centre and straight towards Watery Lane, his pace picking up the further he got.

Tommy couldn't help it as his mind went into overdrive from seeing her in that way, he could tell that she was battling with her own thoughts. He had only seen her this upset a handful of times. When she had to say goodbye to all those in Small Heath when the Owens family moved out of town. When she found out Danny had died. When she entered his office after being raped. When she had to recover from her abortion. And when she thought that Tommy had cheated on her... And now.

When he came back from his thoughts, he was only a few yards away from the betting office. He stepped inside and as he had expected, the rest of the Shelby family had arrived back and were sat at their own desks. Victoria wasn't amongst them.

He cleared his throat, their heads turning to his direction. "V has called a family meeting in an hour or so. When we got there, she went in alone, so I don't know exactly what the doctor has said to her. But what I do know is that when she came out, she looked very upset." He explained before walking over to Arthur, whom had Timothy in his arms. "I'm going to take a walk now with the little guy, I shall meet you all back at the house soon."