20.

╔═══════════╗

'𝙄 𝘽𝙀𝙇𝙄𝙀𝙑𝙀 𝙔𝙊𝙐,
𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙂.'

╚═════♡═════╝

Slight movement from beneath her woke Victoria from her sleep, she looked up at Tommy and blushed as she began remembering what they had done only hours previous

"Feeling okay?" He asked looking down at her wrapping his arm around her petite waist.

"Of course," she whispered running her index in circles on his bare chest.

"Arthur said he told you about the meeting later.." Tommy spoke clearing his throat slightly.

Slowly Victoria climbed out of bed before picking up her under garments, "he did. We should probably get dressed, wouldn't want to keep the rest of the family waiting."

He sat up watching her for a moment admiring every inch of her. If you had told him when he was a young boy that he would be getting married to his childhood love then he would have laughed and given you a punch for joking around.

Victoria giggled and clicked her fingers in front of his face bringing him back from his day dreams, "Thomas. Get dressed."

Tommy climbed out of their bed and smiled as he pulled on his briefs, he was still shocked at her sudden display of affection towards him.

When he looked back at her she already had her dress back on and her hair tied back. It was as though nothing had happened.

He quickly buttoned up his shirt after putting on his pants and let out a soft chuckle.

Victoria turned to look at him and smiled raising an eyebrow, "yes Mr Shelby?"

"I just can't quite believe how quick you got yourself back dressed." He shrugged pulling on his waist coat, picking up his suit jacket.

She rolled her eyes and pressed her lips softly to his cheek before walking towards the door, "lets go mister."

Together they walked down the stairs and smiled as they walked into the office, greeted by the rest of the Shelby family.

"I see you're all here , get yourselves a glass of something. " Tommy nodded glancing at each of them for seconds.

Arthur necked back his whiskey and put his glass down before pouring himself another drink.

"I'm going to get some water." Victoria smiled before wandering into the kitchen, returning moments later with her glass, closing the door with her foot.

She sat down next to Tommy and took a sip before putting her glass onto the table.

"So I'm sure you're all wondering why I called you all here.. Well I have a business meeting at the Garrison tomorrow and I'm telling you now, I don't want any of you there or around the area. Not even yous, John and Arthur." Tommy nodded pouring himself a drink.

Victoria watched him as his jaw clenched for a moment, she knew by his actions and telling even his brothers to stay away that it would be something dangerous. But she trusted him to handle it safely.

They all agreed without another word about it.

Michael cleared his throat and raised an eyebrow, "oi Tommy.. How do I get my hands on a girl as good as Victoria?"

Tommy looked up at Michael and chuckled, "no idea. I struck lucky that's how. "

John nudged Michael and smirked, "for what you're wanting it isn't a lady like Victoria you're after."

The brothers laughed as John finished his sentence, but the ladies just shook their head with a smile.

"Michael don't listen to him. If John is right then there are plenty of girls that would go behind the pub for a few bob. But if it's long term you're looking for don't go around playing Billy- big dick because that isn't attractive to any respectable female." Victoria nodded taking a sip of her water.

Tommy slipped his arm around her waist and smiled as he watched her. She always knew the right things to say for the right situation.

She glanced up at him and smiled before turning back to look at the rest of the family.

"So has everyone decided on a plus one that they will be taking to the wedding then?" Tommy asked finishing off his whiskey, pouring another glass.

They all thought about it for a moment before nodding.

"Michael and I have decided to go together." Polly smiled as she glanced towards her son.

"I'm taking the beautiful Esme," John shrugged.

"I'll find me a lady to take don't you worry" Arthur chuckled as a smirk flashed over his face.

"I'm thinking of just going alone." Ada nodded as she stared off for a second.

Victoria cleared her throt as she looked to Ada, "actually I was speaking to someone the other night. He walked me home and he was asking about you, his name was Freddie. He seems nice."

"I'll see how things go." Ada smiled as she finished off her drink.

Their laughter soon filled the air as Arthur continued to make a fool of himself, not that it took much.

-------------------------------

Time soon passed on and they were all very much intoxicated.

Tommy smiled and picked Victoria up putting her over his shoulder as he carried her upstairs, laying her down on the bed.

She laid up against the headboard as she watched him walk over to their fire place.

"I have something I need to tell you." She mumbled keeping her gaze on him.

Tommy placed a few logs into the fire pit before turning to look back at her. "Yes?" he replied with a light smile.

"The first time I left here for a while was because Michael found out a secret of mine and I didnt want him to be the one to tell you." Victoria spoke lowering her gaze away from him.

He walked over and sat down at the end of the bed as he watched the worry cloud up on her face.

"I used to work for Darby Sabini. I realised that as soon as I came here that you were sworn eneimes with him. So I didn't want to have to tell you." She said reaching out to touch his hand.

A deep frown began to set in on his face as he looked down slightly, "Darby Sabini? The Italian gang leader?"

Victoria cleared her throat and let out a sigh, "I used to be his secretary. Arrange all of his meetings and stuff. After my mother died I began making friends with the wrong people, that's how I met him."

He stood up from the bed and walked back to the fire place, "I'm glad you told me."

"It's all over now, it ended as soon as I came to Birmingham. I love you and I'm against Sabini now, he's an evil man Tommy." Victoria said watching him.

He lit up the fire and put the guard up before walking back over to the bed. "I believe you, darling."

A smile slowly crept up onto her face as she watched him getting undressed, "you do?"

Tommy nodded as he finished getting undressed and climbed into bed, "ofcourse I do. You have to be as bad as those people if not worse in order to survive."

Relief began to wash over Victoria as she leaned her head against his shoulder, he had accepted her and thats all she had ever wanted in life.

To be Accepted.