24.

╔═══════════╗

'𝙋𝙇𝙀𝘼𝙎𝙀 𝙂𝙊,
𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙂.'

╚═════♡═════╝

The drive back to Birmingham was silent, neither of them knew what to say to one another

Victoria stopped by at the B&B to collect their belongings, giving many apologies to the older lady.

They were both thankful when they arrived back at Polly so that they weren't in that silent atmosphere for any longer.

If someone that didn't know either of them watched them for just a moment, they would never have thought that they were once so in love with one another.

"I shall get Timothy and I shall drive us to where ever we will be staying." Victoria mumbled before getting out of the car.

She walked to Polly's door leaving Tommy in the door before softly knocking.

The door slowly opened and Victoria stepped inside with a promising smile.

"I'm staying with Tommy for a few days until he's better." She nodded clearing her throat as she looked at the other family members. "Timothy might be an Owen, but I want it known that my boy is a Shelby and he always will be."

"Here fucking here!" Arthur called out clapping his hands together.

Polly nudged him softly and frowned, "no swearing in front of the little one."

Victoria stepped forward and picked Timothy up from Finns' arms and smiled, "thank you all for having me back, it's been wonderful seeing you all."

She said her goodbyes before exiting and walked back to the car slowly.

The pain of sitting so close to someone that Victoria once loved so deeply and there being nothing left was excrutiating.

It often made her wonder how she was still coping so well. But people can only be strong for so long before it erupts.

"I'll hold him while you drive." Tommy mumbled holding his arms out.

Victoria hesitated before laying the sleeping baby into his protective arms.

He held rubbed his thumb softly across Timothy's cheek as a tear ran down his own cheek.

It was his own fault. It was because of him that he wasn't there in the first few months of his own child's life.

He had grown up without a father around and he knew the pain from that. Tommy wasn't going to allow that for his own son.

She got into the car and started up the engine before following the directions from Tommy.