21.

╔═══════════╗

'𝙄𝙎 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙎 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙀𝙉𝘿,
𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙂?'

╚═════♡═════╝

The next morning Victoria's eyes fluttered open, the sunlight beaming through the open curtain and instantly catching her eyes

The next morning Victoria's eyes fluttered open, the sunlight beaming through the open curtain and instantly catching her eyes. She took a moment to allow her eyes to adjust before rolling over to greet good morning to Tommy. But to her sadness, the bed was empty, he had already left her.

Victoria let out a sigh of defeat and slowly stood up, shaking up the covers to neaten up the bed

Victoria let out a sigh of defeat and slowly stood up, shaking up the covers to neaten up the bed. She wandered over to her trunk and pulled out her dress and coat, laying it down on the bed. Humming a light tune to herself, she slipped her nightwear off, allowing it to fall to the floor before she pulled on her dress over her petite frame.

The black cotton material fitted her chest respectfully with a rose coloured silk that met at her waist and reached her mid-calf. Using the small mirror she brushed on a small amount of light blush and coated her lips in her signature red lipstick. While she slipped on her small black kitten heels, she pulled on her deep red coat that had a heightened black collar. Hesitantly, Victoria picked up the clutch bag that she carried at the races, it still felt weighted down.

After glancing at herself in the mirror again, Victoria stepped out into the hallway and walked slowly down the staircase. "Hello?" She called out as she reached the bottom step, the house was unusually quiet. Suddenly she heard some movement in the office so she wandered through, lightly knocking on the door. She popped her head around the already open door and to her suprise John was rummaging through Tommy drawers.

"John, what are you doing?" She questioned with a slightly raised eyebrow. "I'm just looking for some documents that is needed at the betting office." John responded as he looked up at her, their eyes meeting for just seconds.

Victoria gripped onto her clutch bag firmly and cleared her throat, "who is Tommy meeting at the Garrison? And be honest with me now John." She asked sternly. He hesitated for a moment before looking back at her, "Inspector Campbell."