26.

╔═══════════╗

'𝘿𝙊 𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 𝙈𝙀,
𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙂?'

╚═════♡═════╝

Upon making it back home, Victoria lifted Timothy from his pram and sat him down on the blanket she had laid out on the floor

Tommy walked into the room with a brown box in his hand, "if I'm going to be honest with you then I want to show these."

She frowned slightly as she watched him sat down beside her. The curiosity of the box rushed through her and she wasn't sure whether she wanted to put herself through that.

"If this is going to hurt me then I don't want to see it, whether it's the truth or not." Victoria nodded letting out a soft sigh.

He shook his head and placed the box onto the table in front of them, lifting the lid slowly, putting it to the side.

Curiosity killed the cat.

She leaned forward and looked down into the box. Piled almost to the brim of the box were letters addressed to her. Not only that, it had her actual home address.

"H-H-How did you know where I lived?" Victoria asked looking up at him.

Tommy picked up the first letter from the pile and looked down at her, "The minute you left I knew where you would go. I came over to ask your family how you were doing, they said that you had moved out."

Tears began filling Victoria's eyes as she put her hand on top of his. "You had my address, why did you never come?"

He let out a sigh of defeat and looked away for a brief second before looking back. "Because I hurt you in a way that no man ever should. If you were to ever come back to Small Heath I wanted it to be on your terms, not because I got back in your head."

His words brought back a type of pain she never thought she would feel again.

"Thomas Shelby, you are a very foolish man." Victoria chuckled as she wiped her eyes, "you couldn't get back into my head. Simply because you never left it in the first place."

She put her hand softly on his cheek and ran her thumb across his bruised skin. "You put me through a unbearable amount of pain, I never thought I would get through in one piece. But I will always love you."

Tommy closed his eyes as a tear rolled down his cheek. He wasn't aware of how much pain he was keeping in until now.

"Every day from the day you left till just a few days ago I wrote you a letter." He whispered opening his eyes. "Being able to write to you how everything was, was like you were still there listening."