36 ~ your dads past...

You sat in your room and couldn't stop thinking about the conversation between your parents. The door opened and your dad walked in. You gave him a small smile.

'Can we talk?' He asked.

You nodded and sat up a bit. You dad sat down next you and sighed.

'Do you think that I'm a bad father?' He asked you.

'Of course not... you're only a bit angry sometimes.' You spoke honestly.

'I know... that's what I wanted to talk to you about. You have to hear me out. You deserve the truth. Please me talk first before you interrupt me.'

You nodded.

'When I was at Hogwarts Tom Riddle, also known as Voldermort, was in my class. He was in my house. He was a strange boy, but I was his only friend. He was interested in magic... The dark stuff. I first thought that it was amazing, but then he got more interested in dark magic then in the normal magic which schools teach you. He got so into it and he started practicing dark spells and he made his own dangerous spells. I don't know what happened but before I knew it I was all in the dark side or the evil side of magic. Dumbledor saw this and came towards me. He offered me help so I could become myself again. It worked and I slowly started getting back. Unfortunately, Tom found out. He told me that he would once become a great wizard. That everyone would once know his name and that he would come back to me to make sure everyone would know my name as well. Well he kept that promise. When you were 3 years old, a few months before the Harry Potter incedent... He came to our house. We were a happy family and nothing seemed wrong. He came to our door. I immediately recognised him. He said: "do you remember me Y/D/N?" And at that point your mother came in. You learned how to walk and she held you hand while walking towards me, asking me who was there. I was so proud of you, it was the first time you walked that far. Tom noticed that as well. "What's her name?" He immediately asked. "Y/N Y/L, Y/M/N... you remember Tom Riddle, right?" He told me that he was the Dark Lord.  No one until then knew who the dark Lord was, they only knew the name dark Lord of Lord Voldemort. I was shocked. "I told you everyone would know who I am one day. So now I came back for you. We have someone to eliminate: Harry, James and Lilly Potter. Will you be by my side? Like we always were?" I refused. But Tom had different plans. "You really think that you have a choice?! You know Lucius Malfoy right? He's part of my group. I call them: death eaters and I want you to be a part of it as well." I told him that I had a family, a daughter to take care of. I couldn't become evil, not again. "Y/D/N, I need you by my side. You know as much as I do about dark magic. I need you, your wife... and your daughter. So let me make this easier, I will kill your daughter and wife if that would convince you." I couldn't believe it. He would kill you and you mother. I had to become a death eater. I told him that I would join him if he promised that you and your mother would be safe. "I promise, I'll see you around. Try to contact Lucius. You two might like each other." He smiled and he left. Then a few months later the mark appeared and the dark Lord disappeared. I became good friends with Lucius who was proud to be a death eater. We pretended to be proud as well. When you were 8 things started to become dangerous. The death eaters became active. Planning on bringing the dark Lord back. We didn't want you to get involved at such a young age. So we decided to leave you to our house elfs. It was difficult... but we had to. When you were almost ready to become a death eater, we came back. We tried to look proud... my past wasn't supposed to haunt me like this... I'm so sorry. I had no choice.'

You looked at him... what a story.

'Dad... I didn't know. I would have understand. You could have told me. I care about you. Of course you're not a terrible dad. I love you.' You spoke and you hugged him.

'I locked you up in your room because Voldemort was staying at our house. I didn't want you to meet him yet... I got angry at Draco because you're growing up so fast. I just want to protect you.' You saw tears in his eyes. 'I ruined everything for you and your mother... I'm so sorry. I should have never looked into dark magic at Hogwarts. I shouldn't have left you alone when your were 9... I'm such an idiot.'