lycanthropy

lycanthropy - chapter one

cassie

I left the jeep and closed the door as I heard my twin brother talking. "You two where searching for a body last night, in the middle of the woods? And Scott got attacked?"

"Yes!" My brother almost yelled.

"And you didn't woke me up to go with you?"

"Well, you're not a very nice person when someone tries to wake you up, Cass."

"I know but... ugh! I bet dad's pissed with you."

"Don't mention it." Stiles shook his head side to side.

We walked towards the school and I saw Scott waiting for us, he waved and I smiled, my chest warmed up as he smiled back at me.

"Good morning." I happily said.

"Yeah, yeah, okay, let's see this thing." Stiles pointed to Scott.

Scott smiled and turned, lifting up his t-shirt and letting out a grunt, I looked at the bandage and Stiles tried to touch it but Scott moved away.

"It was too dark to see much, but I'm pretty sure it was a wolf." Scott said, grabbing his bag as we started to walk.

"A wolf bit you?" I asked.

"Uh-huh..."

"No, not a chance." Stiles said.

"I heard a wolf howling." Scott said with a smile.

"No, you didn't." Stiles chuckled and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What do you mean, 'No, I didn't'? How do you know what I heard?" Scott asked my brother.

Stiles laughs. "Because California doesn't have wolves, okay?" He stopped to look at us. "Not in like 60 years."

"Really?"

"Yes, really!" My brother exclaimed. "There are no wolves in California."

Scott looked at me, shaking his head. "Alright, well, if you don't believe me about the wolf, then you're definitely not gonna believe me about when I tell you I found the body." Scott murmured.

"Are you kidding me?" Stiles almost jumped.

"No, man, I wish." Scott shook his head again. "I'm gonna gave nightmares for a month."

Stiles let out a chuckle of excitement. "Oh, God, that is freaking awesome. I mean, this is seriously gonna be the best thing that's happened to this town since..." I noticed a strawberry blonde girl passing by us "Since the birth of Lydia Martin." My brother turned away. "Hey, Lydia, you look..." I chuckled as she passed by him without even listening. "... like you're gonna ignore me."

"Pathetic." I mumbled and Stiles looked at me.

My brother is totally obssesed with Lydia Martin since I know him. She's pretty, and popular, but just like the rest of the pretty and popular girls, she obviously don't date guys like my brother.

"You two are the cause of this, you know."

"Uh-huh." Scott smirked at me, nodding.

"Dragging me down to your nerd depths." The bell rang and Scott and I started walking. "I'm a nerd by association. I've been scarlet nerded by you guys."

"Yeah, of course."

¨¨¨¨

"As you all know, there indeed was a body found in the woods last night." Our teacher began.