action

action - chapter six

cassie

I walked in the boys locker room with my brother and Scott looked at me.

"You going to try to convince me not to play?" Scott asked us.

"I just hope you know what you're doing." Stiles said.

"If I don't play, I lose first line and Allison." Scott said and I rolled my eyes.

"Allison's not going anywhere!" My brother groaned. "And it's one game that you really don't need to play."

"I wanna play!" He looked at us. "I wanna be on the team. I wanna go out with Allison. I want a semi-freaking-normal life. Do you two get that?"

I nodded. "I get it. Play the game, Scott. Go out with Allison." I said, feeling a lump on my throat as I tried to keep myself from crying.

Stiles let out a sigh and sat next to Scott. "Just try not to worry too much while you're out there, okay? Or get too angry."

"I got it." Scott nods.

"Or stressed." My brother continued talking. "Don't think about Allison being in the stands. Or that her father is trying to kill you. Or that Derek's trying to kill you. Or the girl he killed, or that you might kill someone." Scott widened his eyes, looking at Stiles. "If a hunter doesn't kill you first. I'm sorry, I'll stop it."

"Good luck." I said before leaving.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

The crowd was cheering while the players were preparing themselves. I saw Scott's mom and smiled as she waved at me and I ran to sat next to her.

"How are you, Cassie?"

"I'm great. What about you? Working a lot?"

She smiled. "Oh, you don't even imagine it. How's the things with Scott?"

"Uh-I... what do you mean?" I asked her.

"Is he too nervous about the game?" She asked.

"Oh!" I smiled. "Yes. He is. A lot."

I heard the whistle blowing and the players positioned themselves on the field. I saw my dad walking towards Stiles and I said to Mama McCall that I was going to talk to them. I made my way and my father smiled at me.

"So, you think you'll see any action tonight?" My dad asked.

"Action?" Stiles moved his head. "Maybe."

I watched as they placed the ball on the ground and the whistle blew again. They started running and I could heard a loud cheering. Scott was free but no one was passing him the ball... weird.

Then I widened my eyes when the ball fell and Scott started running towards it, and Jackson did the same thing. Jackson pushed Scott on the ground and I muttered under my breath. Jackson got the ball and made a goal. Everyone was clapping their hands and cheering.

"That's it, Jackson! Get fired up!" Coach yelled.

"No!" I groaned when Scott got up and looked at all the players around Jackson. I widened my eyes even more when I saw Allison and Lydia with a big poster with "We luv u Jackson" on it. "Oh, shit."

Scott saw it and Stiles shook his head. "Brutal." He mumbled and Scott shook his head, walking on the field. "Oh, this is not going to be good."

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

Scott wasn't fine, I could feel it. His head was down and he was breathing heavily.

"I hope he's okay." I murmured.