closer

The woman looked at the girl in the shower. The hot water running down her body while her mind was completely lost. She had her hands pressed against her chest, a scar on the right side of her waist and her hair falling down her shoulders.
The woman looked at the watch on her wrist before looking up at the girl again.

"Alright, you've had long enough. Let's go." The woman said.

No response. Just the sound of the water.

"I'm not buying the catatonic act. So don't think that I'm going to drop my guard."

Not even a move.

"I know you can hear me." The woman hissed.

Not wasting more time, she quickly walked over the girl. "Look at me when I'm talking to you. I said look at me!" The woman yelled, looking at the girl. "Lydia."

She grabbed the girl's face tightly, turning it to face her. The expression on Lydia's face was blank. Her lips were slightly parted and her eyes opened.

The woman lets go of the girl, turning off the shower and pulling the towel around the pale body. After putting some clothes on her, she dragged the girl out of the bathroom and walked back to her cell.

The door made an annoying sound as the 'nurse' opened it, the woman pushing the girl, making her walk faster, but her mind was so lost that she couldn't understand that she was walking so slow.

"Is she alright?" The man asked, looking at the girl in front of him.

"She's fine. It's all part of the act. She's just a dedicated performer." The woman hissed.

After laying Lydia's body on the old bed, the man grabbed a needle and her medication, paying attention to make sure he was getting the right thing.

"Up the dosage to three mils. She wants catatonic? Give it to her." The woman spits before closing the door and leaving.

The man sat next to the girl's body, holding the needle between his fingers and looking for a vein on her arm.

"Sorry about her, Lydia. She doesn't have the gentlest bedside manner. But I can be gentle." He said, looking at the girl. "I promise to be gentle."

Her eyes were locked on the ceiling, not even blinking as the man looked at her in such a disgusting way that should be illegal. The moved the needle, pushing it into her skin, not even making her blink.

"Are you alright, Lydia?" The man asked, taking the needle off her arm. "Sorry about that. I... Couldn't find a vein. I'll have to... Try again." He whispered, never taking his eyes off her.

He pushed the needle back into her skin, pulling it deep and looking her. Bet that if she could only see how he was looking at her, she would scream.

But she couldn't.

The man stopped pushing the needle when the girl's blood got in contact with the medication on the needle. He bit his lip, taking it off and letting out a sigh.

"I'll... I'll just have to find a bigger vein."

He held the needle on his right hand, using the other hand to slowly turn her face to the wall, leaving her neck exposed to him. The man held up the needle, ready to push on her skin when something clicked inside of her.

Lydia's body sat up on the bed and she screamed so loud that the nurse's body was shoved into the wall and all the lights of the room exploded.