crystal

crystal - chapter twenty nine

cassie

Stiles and I quickly walked into the classroom and sat next to Scott.

"Dude, we just talked to our dad, who just talked to Jackson, and we've got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news." Stiles said.

"I think I already know." Scott said.

We all looked to the side and I saw Isaac. Yep. Jackson told my dad that he didn't saw Isaac and his father arguing the night that Isaac's father died, so Isaac's not a fugitive anymore.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

After math, we left the classroom and started walking.

"All right, I only found one thing online called the Kanima. It's a were-jaguar from South America that goes after murderers." Stiles said.

"That thing was not a jaguar." I said.

"Yeah, and I'm not exactly a murderer." Stiles groaned.

"Yeah, but you did see it kill somebody, which is probably why it tried to kill you both. And it's still trying to kill you, and it probably won't stop until you're both dead." Scott said in panic.

"You know, sometimes I really begin to question this "friendship." Stiles groaned as we followed Scott.

I sat down behind Scott and Stiles sat next to him. I raised an eyebrow when Jackson walked in and sat behind my brother.

"Hey, testicle left and right." Jackson called, looking at Stiles and Scott.

I rolled my eyes. Idiot.

"What the hell is a kanima?"

The three of us looked at him but before we could say anything, Coach placed a book on his desk.

"All right, listen up. A quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like McCall, might want to start their own study groups, because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult... I'm not even too sure I could pass it." Coach chuckles. "Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question. Who's got it, huh?" I raised up my hand like other people. "Come on, let's go, buddy." Coach pointed to a boy.

"Paralyzed from the neck down." Jackson groaned and I looked at him, just to see Stiles and Scott already listening to him. "Do you have any idea what that feels like?"

"I'm familiar with the sensation." Stiles mumbled and I nodded.

"Wait... Why would Derek test you? Why would he think that it's you?" Scott asked.

"How should I know?" Jackson snapped.

"Wait, do they think it's Lydia or Cassie?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know, all I heard was their name and something about chemistry." Jackson said.

"Jackson!" Coach yelled and we jumped, turning around to look at him. "Do you have something you want to share with the rest of the class?"

"Um... Just an undying admiration for my... My coach." Jackson mumbled.

Coach smiled. "That's really kind of you. Now shut up! Shut it!" He looked around. "Anybody else?"

I raised an eyebrow when Scott grabbed Stiles by his jacket. "How do we know it's not them?"

"Because I looked into the eyes of that thing, okay? And what I saw was pure evil. And when I look into Lydia's eyes, I only see 50% evil.... All right, maybe 60. You know, but no more than 40 on a good day." Stiles said.