evidence

evidence - chapter twenty seven

cassie

I was with Stiles at the mechanic's garage, since Erica did something to his jeep and he needed it to get fixed.

"Hey. Hey!" Stiles yelled to the mechanic who was fixing the jeep. "Wha--what do you think you're doing? All I needed was a starter."

"Yeah, but it looks like your whole exhaust system has gotta be replaced too." The mechanic said.

"Why do I get the feeling you're slightly overstimating the damage?" Stiles mumbled.

"Probably gonna run you around, like, 1,200, parts and labor." He said and I widened my eyes.

"Are you kidding?" Stiles groaned. "This thing doesn't even have a catalytic converter! And, yes, I know what a catalytic converter is."

"You know what a limited slip differential is?" The mechanic asked.

"No."

"Yeah, could run you more like 1,500."

Stiles sighs. "Okay, just finish." He walked back at me. "I'll be back here--seething with impotent rage."

I chuckled and Stiles grabbed the door knob, there was something on it, he quickly moved his hand.

"Ooh, nice. Real sanitary." Stiles groaned, opening the door. "Quality establishment you're running here!"

We got in and Stiles closed the door, wiping his hand on his jacket and I groaned. That was disgusting.

Stiles scoffed, looking at some picture on the wall and grabbing his phone from his pocket. It sucks to be here but what can I say? I was pissed after what Erica did to us and I'm sure I would get crazy if I went home alone.

I looked at Stiles when I heard his phone falling on the ground and I noticed that his hands were shaking a little bit. He was looking at his hands and I grabbed his phone.

"Cassie." Stiles mumbled, looking at the mechanic through the window.

I moved, standing next to him and I widened my eyes as I saw something on the top of the jeep.

"Hey. Hey!" Stiles yelled, trying to warn the mechanic.

I widened my eyes as I noticed it was the same creature at Isaac Lahey's house the other night. The creature moved his claws on the back of the mechanic's neck and he turned around, falling on the ground. Stiles groaned and he fell on the ground too. What?

"Stiles, what the hell?"

"I can't move." He said in panic. "Cassie, call an ambulance. Call dad." He groaned.

I grabbed his phone, dialiang 911 and I looked at Stiles again, then my hands started shaking and the phone fell from my hands. I widened my eyes as I noticed I couldn't move my hands anymore.

"S--Stiles." I said in panic and I felt my legs shaking.

My body fell right next to my brother's and I started to panic as I couldn't move.

We could see the mechanic on the ground and then, the thing that was holding the jeep up started to get down and it was right above the mechanicer. Oh, my God. He's going to die and we're gonna have to watch it.

Stiles' phone was next to my hands so I tried to move my fingers to call someone, the number was already there, I just needed to press the 'call'.

I heard the mechanic screaming for help and I tried to press the button again, Stiles groaned. We were both panting and I almost had a heart attack when the creature jumped in front of us and roared, then it just ran away from us. Thats when I finally pressed the button