miguel

miguel - chapter eighteen

cassie

Stiles and I quickly ran into his room and I screamed when I saw Derek behind the door.

"Cassie? You alright?" I heard my father.

Stiles turned and widened his eyes when he saw Derek, who pointed at the door to make us shut up.

I ran to the door with Stiles and dad looked at us.

"I heard you screaming." My father said.

"Oh, yeah. That was nothing." I nervously chuckled. "I just-- I thought I saw a spider. You know how I hate spiders."

"Listen, I've got something I've got to take care of, but I'm gonna be there tonight. I mean, your first game." He said, looking at Siles.

"My first game. Gosh, great. Awesome. Uh, good." Stiles quickly said.

"I'm very happy for you." Dad said with a smile. "And I'm really proud of you."

"Thanks. Me, too. I'm happy and proud of myself." Stiles nodded his head and I rolled my eyes.

"So they're really gonna let you play, right?" Dad asked him.

"Yeah, Dad. I'm first line. You bet."

Dad chuckled. "I'm very proud."

"Oh, no one's proud of me." I snapped.

"You're jealous?" Stiles asked.

"What? No." I scoffed.

Dad grabbed our arms, pulling Stiles and I into a hug.

"Huggie." I smiled.

"Huggie, huggie." Stiles repeated and Dad pulled away.

"See you there." Dad said, waving at us and leaving.

I let out sigh and I slapped Stiles' arm, he rolled his eyes and we entered his room just for Derek to shove Stiles on the wall.

"If you say one word..." Derek started, pointing his finger at Stiles' face.

"What, you mean, like "Hey, Dad, Derek Hale's in my room

"What, you mean, like "Hey, Dad, Derek Hale's in my room. Bring your gun"?" Derek looked at him. "Yeah, that's right. If I'm harboring your fugitive ass, it's my house, my rules, buddy."

Derek nodded, letting him go and I raised my eyebrows when Derek moved his face, scaring the shit out of Stiles.

"Oh, my God!"

"Scott didn't get the necklace?" Derek asked.

"No. He's still working on it." I said. "But there's something else we can try." Derek glanced at me.

"The night we were trapped at the school, Scott sent a text to Allison asking her to meet him there." Stiles mumbled.

"So?"