72 hours

72 hours – chapter sixty four

cassie

I didn't sleep the whole night. I couldn't. Every time I closed my eyes I had terrible thoughts about Stiles. Scott did everything to make me feel better. Which now, makes me feel bad because he probably didn't sleep, worried about me, worried about me doing something stupid. He promised my dad he would keep an eye on me while he looked for Stiles.

I left the elevator with Scott and Melissa and we saw Allison sleeping in one of those uncomfortable chairs. I walked over her, tapping her shoulder softly, which made her open her eyes to look at me.

"Have you been here all night?" Scott asked.

Allison nods, blinking a few times. "Yeah, they won't let us see him because we're not family. I told them he doesn't have any."

"He's got us." I said.

Melissa smiled. "And I've got a key card."

Allison smiled and Melissa opened the door, we got in and Melissa looked at us,

"Be quick." She said.

The machine was beeping steadily and Allison grabbed my hand as we walked towards the bed. I feel really bad for Isaac right now. The right side of his face, neck and arm were burned.

"I thought he'd be healing by now." Allison mumbled.

"So did I." Scott said.

Scott rose up his hand and grabbed onto Isaac's hurt arm.

"Is he in pain?" I asked and Scott nods.

Allison wiped a tear as Scott began taking Isaac's pain away and I saw Isaac moving his body, still asleep and taking a deep breath. Scott groaned in pain and let go of Isaac's arm.

"It won't heal him, but it helps with the pain." Scott said.

"Did Stiles really do this?" Allison asked and I felt my heart breaking.

"Whatever's controlling him did it." Scott said, glancing at me. "Whatever's inside him."

"Well, then how do we get whatever's inside of him the hell out of him?" Allison asked Scott.

"I'm working on it." Scott squeezed my hand.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

Kira sighs. "The thing is, in all of the stories, kitsune are tricksters. They're mischievous. They don't really get caught up in right or wrong or even understand it."

"What's that mean? It's just doing this for the hell of it?" I asked.

"No, there was something else I found." She said as we kept walking into the hallways of the school. "If you somehow offend the nogitsune, it can react pretty badly."

"How do you offend a nogitsune?" Scott asked.

"I don't know. But if it's doing something this bad, then someone really, really offended it." Kira said.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

I groaned as I heard Coach Finstock blowing the whistle. He let me stay here because he was feeling bad about what happened to Stiles and my dad kindly told him to let me stay near Scott because, my dad was also scared that I would do something wrong. And the worst is, I haven't told my dad what's really happening to Stiles.

"Listen up! Anybody catches the slightest glimpse of Stilinski, you contact the first available teacher. Got it?" Coach said to the boys. "Got it?!"