human

human- chapter eighty eight

read final notes pls really important

scott

I looked down to my inhaler. "My asthma is back. I'm not sure how, but it came back. Just as bad as it used to be. So now, I keep my inhaler on me all the time. Just like I used to. It's been five days. We haven't seen any new Chimeras, and we haven't seen the Dread Doctors. We all go to school, pretending like nothing's happened. But everyone seems to know. You just walk down the halls and no one's smiling. No one's laughing. You get the feeling that everyone can sense that something's coming. They just don't know what it is, or how bad it's going to be. Every time I feel like I should do something about it, I find myself reaching for my inhaler. Like, I'm going to take a hit of it and, and come up with some brilliant solution on how to save everyone. But I don't know what to do. I don't think anyone does. Maybe that's why no one's really talking to each other. Sometimes we don't even notice each other." I said, remembering how I saw Stiles getting into the school and Malia was right behind him, but they didn't notice. "But I think some of us are okay with that. Because not talking makes it easier to keep secrets. And I don't know if anyone's really lying about things. Maybe it's more like lies of omission. Maybe the worst lie is to Stilinski. Because no one's told him about Parrish yet. Then again, no one's told Parrish either. He doesn't seem to remember taking the bodies. And we think that he's only really dangerous if you try to get in his way. If Stilinski knew the truth, he'd definitely get in his way. So Lydia and Stiles are trying to find the bodies, which means finding the Nemeton. They're driving around, searching all of the woods. But the last time that we found this thing, three of us had almost drowned in ice water. We're not the only ones looking for Chimeras... Stilinski's got everyone looking for the next target. Questioning anyone who's a genetic Chimera. Anyone who's got two sets of DNA. No one really knows what they're looking for. Some think it's a serial killer. Some probably know it's worse. The two Chimeras that we know about, Hayden and Corey... They're both doing okay. Actually, better than okay. They're healing faster and getting stronger. They don't need our help. And I don't think they'd want it anyway. I still haven't heard from Kira. And I'm getting more and more worried about Deaton. Cassie has been having more and more attacks these last days, she loses control over her abilities and find herself in places where she shouldn't be. She told Stiles and they've been researching but still found nothing. And all I can do for her right now is make sure she doesn't hurt anybody or herself. I know something's coming. And all I can think about it how good am I going to be if I can't even breathe?"

"You sound like you're trying to apologize." Theo said and I looked up to him.

"You came back looking for an alpha. I guess I'm sorry that you found me."

"I'm not sorry." Theo said.

"You still want to be part of the pack?" I asked him.

Theo sighed. "Scott, I'm with you. For better or worse."

"