tools

tools – chapter thirty four

cassie

We all entered the library. I sat with Stiles and Scott at a table with Erica. Allison, Matt and Jackson sat in another table.

"We can't be in detention together. I have a restraining order against these tools." Jackson told Mr. Harris.

"All of these tools?" Mr. Harris asked him.

"No, just us tools." Stiles pointed between him, Scott and I.

"Fine. You three, over here." Mr. Harris pointed to a table a little bit far away from Jackson.

He doesn't have the restraining order against me but I followed Stiles and Scott to the other table. I didn't want to be next to Jackson anyways. Or Erica. Scott made me sit right next to him, he was still fuming from anger because of what happened with Jackson.

"I'm gonna kill him." Scott hissed.

"No, you're not." I said. "You're going to find out who's controlling him and then you're gonna help save him."

Scott shook his head. "No. Stiles were right, let's kill him."

"Oh, no." Stiles groaned, glancing at Jackson's table. "Hey. What if it's Matt? I mean, this whole thing comes back to the video, right?" Stiles suggested.

"Danny said that Matt was the one who found the two hours of footage missing." Scott said.

"Exactly!" Stiles exclaimed. "He's trying to throw suspicion off himself."

Scott and I looked at Matt, who had a bag of chips on his hands.

"So he makes Jackson kill Isaac's dad, one of Argent's hunters, and the mechanic working on your jeep?" Scott asked.

"Yes!"

"Why?" I asked.

"Because...." He glanced at me. "He's evil."

I looked at Matt again; he was chewing some chips.

"You just don't like him." Scott said.

"The guy bugs me. I don't know what it is. Just look at his face." Stiles groaned.

We looked at Matt again, he was shoving the bag of chips on Jackson's face, trying to get him to eat some.

"He's nice. He asked me to go to a party with him." I said and they looked at me.

"And what did you say?" Stiles scoffed

"I said yes. I was in a rush and he wouldn't stop talking. But I'll just fake I'm grounded or something." I groaned and Scott looked at me.

"Unbelievable." He groaned and looked at Stiles. "Any other theories?"

I raised an eyebrow as Jackson held his bag and stood up. "I have to go to the bathroom."