internet

internet - chapter forty four

cassie

Scott and I looked at each other while we walked next to Stiles. Scott's hand was holding mine and I let out a sigh when Stiles noticed our faces.

"What?"

"What do you mean "what?" Scott asked him.

"I mean "what," and you know what." Stiles scoffed.

"What?" I asked him.

" "What" what?" Scott asked Stiles.

"That look you were giving." Stiles groaned.

"I didn't give a look." Scott raised an eyebrow at Stiles.

"There was a distinct look, Scott." Stiles continued.

"What look?"

"The look that says that the last thing you feel like doing right now is going to a party." Stiles said.

"It's not that." Scott said, squeezing my hand. "It just seems a little weird going to a different high school's party."

"What? Would you-" Stiles groaned loudly. "Oh, my God, one drink, all right? You'll be fine. See, Cassie is fine." Stiles pointed at me.

"Well, I want a drink. And I guess it would be nice to dance a little bit." I said, looking at Scott.

"I went to nursery school with this girl, okay? She promised to introduce us to all of her friends." Stiles said to Scott. "So tonight, no Allison, no Lydia."

I rolled my eyes when Stiles mentioned Allison, which I know that it wasn't his intention. He looked at me quickly, like he was apologizing and Scott locked his eyes on me while Stiles talked.

"Tonight, I'm moving on." Stiles said.

"You're right." I gulped and Stiles nods.

"That's right I'm right!"

"Stiles is moving on." Scott nods.

"Onwards and upward." My brother said.

"Let's do this."

I furrowed my eyebrows when they high-five. Scott finally intertwined our fingers again as we began walking towards the house.

Stiles moved his face closer to mine. "How's my breath smell?"

"I'm not smelling your breath, Stiles!" I pushed him and Scott chuckled. "You're fine."

We entered the house and the first thing I heard was a girl yelling.

"Stiles! Hi."

Heather smiled, walking towards us with a cup on her hands and a girl following her.

"Hey!" My brother smiled. "There's the birthday girl-"

I widened my eyes when Heather smashed her lips against Stiles' mouth.