chapter 40

Bird Song

Radhika knocked Neil's cabin door but there was response....she gently pushed the door and peeped in....Neil was sitting on his chair all lost....he had a little frown on his face....Radhika invited herself in...she went and stood next to him; ''Can I help''

Neil blinked coming back to the real world; ''Chashni Shiv called he got hold on the Arjun's childhood pictures ...but he said something which got me worried''

Radhika; ''And what's that''

Neil; ''Chashni does Arjun really wants to know his past...I mean....he might not take it nicely...Shiv was worried about the same ...he thinks Arjun might react in a negative manner ...what if his parents are alive ....he might just decide never to go back to them...or might hurt them blaming them for his loneliness...what if he gets upset with you for digging something he left behind.''

Radhika smiled; ''Then leave that on me....I a just giving him a closure, I a prepared for his anger ...but whatever happens he will not leave me...so shall we get back to work''

Neil watched her determined face and spoke; ''Ok so we speak the police commissioner ...and...

Neil was cut by Radhika in the middle; ''we will do that but after your engagement...so mister groom...go home and take some beauty sleep...tomorrow is your engagement'' Neil nodded and left.....Radhika checked the pictures Arjun must have been 3 or 4....she smiled and cursed the person and circumstances because of which Arjun lost his beautiful childhood....

Mumbai Airport

Shiv greeted Arjun with a big hug....ARjun gave Riddhima a side hug and a peck on Pari's forehead.....he drove them to his place...he was enjoying a full house....Shiv got a loving welcome from all accept Nia...who made face at him and he just smiled at her childishness ....Pari who was hearing her name from every corner suddenly turned cranky...when Nia extended her arms...Pari turned her face away clutching SHiv tightly....Nia frowned and poked her tongue at Shiv....he cooed Pari and said; ''No one taking you...be a good girl''

Radhika was specially happy.....Riddhima had changed...she looked free...happy and content....her appearance had changed there was a kind of confidence in her which none of them had ever seen....Arjun had bought a big white teddy bear for Pari which was almost triple her size...he placed the teddy on the floor at a distance from Pari...she watched if it moved...Shiv made her touch it...Pari after few smiled wide...Shiv made her sit on floor near the Teddy bear and Pari went busy hitting scratching..pulling the toy all happy...Arjun pulled teddy bear away bribing Pari to come to him....Pari screamed loudly all angry making everyone laugh...Arjun brought the teddy bear close to her and extended his arm....this time Pari went to him....Arjun caressed her face ....

Riddhima; ''Lawyer's daughter...she knows how to get what she wants''

Radhika; ''Di you look pretty''

Riddhima; ''really....SHiv's effect'' Riddhima smiled looking at ARjun playing with Pari; '' Plan a family ....Arjun love kids

Radhika looked at Riddhima; ''let me grow up first''

Riddhima gently slapped her; ''I am serious...think'' Radhika nodded... her POV; ''first I will give him his real family....''

Neil had decided to speak to Prerna but then decided against it...he decided to find details on his own....and he got the opportunity when no one was home...Neil knew if anything he could get would be in store room....because that was the place he never had set his foot...and his mom knew...he got inside the store room...looked around...Neil gently moved the furniture away and then started looking for some storage....he searched an old cupboard...a small cabinet and finally decided to search in a wooden trunk....Neil found many albums....he smiled looking at old pictures...his mom and dad's wedding...his Mama Mami wedding pics....Neil finally came across the album full of his childhood pics...he smiled looking at some pics with his father....Prerna ...his trip to London to his Mama- Mami's place ....Neil smiled at the proof of the memories....after searching through all the albums and then he found a wooden box ...he opened it it had some pictures.....of his family with him and another kid may be a year older then Neil...Neil's eyes widened his adam's apple wobbled....this boy resembled Arjun's child hood pics he had seen earlier....but Neil wanted to be sure...Arjun's pics from orphanage were of 3-4 yrs ... and the one in picture was may be a year old or less....Neil POV; 'Should I tell Chashni ....no let me confirm this first....yes DNA test...wow Neil now you have to pluck hairs of two khadoos...God but what if this is true....how will Arjun react...' Neil turned the picture around ...there was his name with his brother Ajay with Neil in bracket was the date...neil made a note of the date... ....Neil blinked Ajay Mehra my elder brother....I have to meet police commissioner...he has get hold of records and soon....