Chapter 44

Mehra Mansion was ready to welcome its guests for the grand party for the night....Pratap Mehra was making the world aware of his and his successors arrival....Radhika was supervising the kitchen..she was in a hurry she had to go to BS and come back by 5:00 PM any how...she quickly arranged the table...Prakash Avantika and Prerna took their places...Prerna smiled looking at Radhika; ''Where is Neil and Arjun''

Radhika; ''Arjun is getting ready...and Neil has already left...he had an important meeting in BS''

Avantika; ''Then how come you are here...as far as I know Neil is your boss''

Radhika; ''Yes Ma...I will leave after finishing the work here'' Pratap gave one look to Radhika and went about eating

Avantika; ''Radhika this will be done....sit and have breakfast'''

Arjun came to table; ''Radhika why are you not ready yet....we will be late...this meeting is really important'' radhika's face fell hearing Arjun's stern voice

Prerna and Avantika looked at each other...Avantika interfered ; ''Radhika have your breakfast and get ready....we have enough staff to take care of the house...and Arjun she is late because she gave priority to the family...respect that'' Arjun opened and closed his mouth like a fish....this was the first time his mother scolded him...he sat their like a obedient boy and finished his breakfast

Pratap; ''Radhika...be home by 5:00 PM  today'' radhika nodded 

After Arjun Radhika left Avantika turned to Pratap; ''Why all rules for Radhika and not for Arjun....Pratap she is handling A to Z for this party and Neil's wedding....you should appreciate her''

Pratap; ''She is doing all this because its her duty.....her family is rich she can stay back home...there is no need for her to work''

Prerna ; '' there is no need for Arjun to work too....his dad is rich....''

Avantika smiled; ''Pratap....I sacrificed my career for you but won't let Radhika do that...and if you want to keep your son...accept her as your DIL'' Avantika left the table in a huff...Prerna could see that what Avantika said had no effect on her brother.

Bird SOng

Radhika had not spoken a single word during the drive to BS...Arjun did not see this coming...once they reached she quickly hopped out his car and went straight to office without waiting for him to join her...Radhika entered Piyali's cabin; ''Aunty I am so sorry I couldn't come the other day...but from now this won't happen''

Piyali smiled ; ''No problem....but I like your and Neil's plan to do things during the office hours...so here are the invitations...manya too will be coming...she will help you in sending them out''

Radhika; ''What about the gifts for the guests''

Piyali; ''we have got it...just wrapping is pending''

Radhika; ''Aunty...that can be finished today itself...I don't have much work...will pull Teji , Zubin and Kritika along and evenings Nia will come and help you at your place''

Piyali got and pecked Radhika's forehead; ''Sam is right...you are just unstoppable'' 

Sam hugged Radhika from behind; ''Yes Mom she is unstoppable because she is my Chashni ...and Chashni today your husband will pay for being rude to you''

Radhika blinked; ''Who told you.....Neil''

Sam; ''Neil...that Idiot is Arjun's brother now.....and how do I know....well I can read your face sweet heart....come we will finish all this''

Neil came and wrapped an arm around Arjun's shoulder ...who was standing outside Piyali's cabin waiting for his wife to come out ; ''WHat Bro ...all good''