Garnet Special-You Find Out She's Two Smol Beans

Garnet had adjusted her visor for the umpteenth time that day, a bit irked at the situation. As Ruby and Sapphire agreed and disagreed within her, she kept a straight face. They'd all agreed to be casual, to seem like everything was normal, as not to catch Y/N's attention.

"Garnet?"

She shifted her gaze.

"Are you okay?"

She looked over to Y/N, who had a soft expression on her face. Garnet sighed, rubbing underneath her eyelids in a hasty manner.

"I'm fine. Don't worry" she said as she gave Y/N a kind smile.

~~~~~~~~~

"I...I just don't think it's time yet. It seems too soon. Don't you think?"

Sapphire stared blankly in front of her, folding her hands neatly in her lap as always. She twiddled her thumbs, searching for an answer, but Sapphire couldn't find one.

"Ruby we must not deceive the poor girl. She deserves to know the truth. Besides, I know she loves us all unconditionally. "

Ruby huffed, feeling the soft material of the couch underneath her as she struggled to comprehend the situation before them.

"Well Y/N loves Garnet because she doesn't know the truth. I'd want to know if I was her" Ruby had said in an angry tone. Sapphire simply said nothing, choosing not to remark on Ruby's angered comment.

"But maybe she'll get scared. At least wait a little longer. M-maybe she won't accept it, she'll leave Garnet! She'll leave us......"

As Ruby looked at the couch with a sad expression, her hand was met with Sapphire's. Sapphire smiled, giving Ruby a kind look.

"Y/N deserves to know the truth. I know when Y/N is ready and she's ready. Besides, I know she will understand enough."

A sound had startled them. They looked up to see Y/N approaching the house. They nodded, and fused together.

~~~~~~~

"Garnet?" you called out, walking inside the house hesitantly. No answer.
"Garrrrrnet!" you called out again.
This time, footsteps appeared towards you. Garnet stood, greeting you with a hug.
"Howdy."

"I was worried about you" you breathed out, slightly laughing. Garnet shrugged, taking your hand in hers as you both settled down.
"It's been okay. I've been worried too." Garnet said, choosing not to look into your eyes.

"Oh,  is it about the gems? I know you get worried sometimes. You can go see them if you like. I'm not stopping you I-"

"No" Garnet interrupted, "not that."
You gulped, feeling her gaze settle on you.
She stared at you through the visor. You could see your reflection in the bi-colored lense.
You couldn't help but feel a little self conscious about how deeply she was staring into your soul.
"Oh then. Are you okay? What is it, are you feeling alright?"
With each second Garnet shifted to face you more, making you more anxious as the tension grew in the air between you two.
You held her hand tighter, feeling the settled gem beneath both of your palms. The very essence of her life itself.
"Garnet?" you called out.
She sighed, removing her visor. Her three eyes were now visible. You caught yourself staring at their beautiful colors.
"I didn't mean to scare you" Garnet said plainly, you could feel her hand twitch and falter within yours. You held onto it with both of your hands.
"Garnet. You're worrying me. Are you really okay?" you asked in a desperate tone. She was acting strange, and you didn't like it at all.

Her breath hitched, she shook her head, answering no.
"Y/N. There's something I need to tell you....well show you."
"Okay, that's fine. As long as you're okay" you said, giving you her approval.
She removed her hand from yours, holding both her hands up, showing you her gems. Well, nothing new.
"There's someone I'd like you to meet."

And with that she disappeared into light, her body materializing at her control. Until two small shapes appeared onto the couch beside you. You had no idea what this was, and you were very concerned.

Two gems were now by your side. One blue, one red. They both stared your way with an anxious look. Well you thought the blue one was looking, her hair was covered by her eyes.

"Wh....what??" you said in a breathy tone. You had no idea what just happened.
Both gems looked at each other, all their plans had dissolved within your look. They had no idea what to say.

"Y/N" the blue one said, sitting underneath her dress. "You're confused. I understand. Allow us to explain."
You stared at both of them, wondering what in the world was going on. Where was Garnet? What had just happened?

"My name is Sapphire. This is Ruby." Sapphire said softly. She pointed to the red gem beside her, who only smiled nervously at you.
"We're Garnet."

You breathed through your nose, closing your eyes and processing that information.
"Why didn't she- all of you tell me before?" you asked. Ruby ran over and grabbed your other hand while Sapphire grabbed the one opposite to you. Ruby's hand was warm while Sapphire's was cold enough to make you jump.

"We were afraid you'd leave us...but Sapphire said you'd understand."

You looked over at Sapphire, she gave you a small nod.
"How?" you asked, feeling Ruby's hand grow hotter.
"It's a complicated subject" Sapphire said.
"But we fuse together. We become, and we are Garnet. I'm sorry if we upset you..." Ruby trailed off. Sapphire patted your hand as you took deep breaths in.
"I'm sorry if I'm interrupting anything of yours," you solemnly stated. You felt tears pricking your eyes already.
"No no Y/N. We already made our decision together. We already love you."

You faltered for a second, blinking your tears away as you looked back and forth at the two gems. You gripped their hands tighter, nodding your head.
"I love you too."

I HAVENT EVEN HAD ENOUGH TIME TO ACTUALLY THINK TO MYSELF SINCE I'VE STARTED THE SECOND QUARTER OF SCHOOL. SORRY IF THIS SUCKS READERS. LIFE IS FUCKING PEACHY RIGHT NOW. KARKAT OUT✌✌✌✌