Nothing- Amethyst X Gem!Reader

This one's short because I had one week to complete a bunch of stuff. But anyways, Happy Holidays! Have some Amethyst to level you out - 3-

Amethyst breathed heavily, her face flushed a dark purple. She felt the heat gather in pools around her nose and ears, giving her in unpleasant sensation.
One hand reached up, sliding along a pole to suppress her weight against it. The other had covered her mouth to muffle out the sounds of her choking breath as she began to softly cry.

The sounds of the sea dripping and angrily pouring down the sea spire filled the void in which Amethyst and (Gem name) stood.
No monsters lingered around anymore, only the sopping wet floor, the smell of the salty sea, and the murals on the wall that now washing away due to the brine which poured angrily each day. The salt acted as a scrub, wiping away centuries of gem history and depictions.

(Gem name) finally turned around, startled at the scene of Amethyst sitting on the floor in sobs. Their eyes widened at the sight, a breath hitching in their throat. A hand covered their mouth, hiding their surprise. This was definitely not what they expected when they both arrived at the sea spire.

"Amethyst" they said in a barely audible voice thanks to the sea, "what do you mean?"

The purple gem looked up through their tears, wiping away a few and drying her cheeks. Though she sniffed and breathed heavily, she was taking her time to recover. Because she couldn't be seen like this to (Gem name). Weak and frail and scared, those were the things Amethyst wasn't, and through this moment (Gem name) was searching for what Amethyst exactly was. And crying would deceive (Gem name), an act of lies.

(Gem name) had slowly walked over, trudging through the puddles on the floor and sat on their knees in front of Amethyst, who tried looking away to hide the look in her eyes. They both sat, their knees getting wet and the sound of the ocean growing stronger and powerful through the sea spire. To (Gem name), this didn't seem like reality at all.

"I...... I think I love you."

At this, (Gem name) had faltered. Eyes growing in disbelief at Amethysts' chosen words, something that was hard to say. But the silence only pressed on Amethyst, pushing her to fill the silence.

"I just.... I don't know what's happened to me. You make me feel like I can do anything when I can't, and I can't get explain the way you make me feel. Like I'm finally happy. I want you to be mine."

(Gem name)'s eyes softened, and a (s/c) hand reached up to touch Amethyst's soft and heated cheek.
Amethyst looked up, feeling her blush growing stronger as (Gem name) analyzed her.

"Oh Amethyst" (Gem name) said in a careful tone. Their eyes were lidded and low, full of admiration, their voice soft and understanding.
"I feel the same way."

And with that, (Gem name) leaned forward, experimentally brushing their lips with Amethyst's. Her lips were warm and inviting, pressing back with just enough pressure.
Amethyst placed her hand on (Gem name)'s, leaning into the kiss. This is what Amethyst had waited for all these years, and it was finally happening.
The kiss wasn't rushed or slow, it was perfect. With the right amount of emotion and sensation, something romance movies would kill for. And to Amethyst and (Gem name), this moment seemed to last forever, and that was okay. It was just them, together, and the ocean which curtained them inside the sea spire and left the scene with a blue aura.

Amethyst pulled away slowly, the stars in her eyes.

"Wow..." was all she could say.

"Amethyst!!!"

Amethyst had awaken with a jolt, becoming aware of her surroundings. The pillows underneath her had grown warm with her presence, and the sunlight crept in through the widow beside Steven's bed.

"ugggghhhhhh" Amethyst groaned, the last dregs of sleepiness seeping away from her.

"Amethyst get up it's time to leave."

Pearl's voice had been like nails on a chalkboard to Amethyst, only causing her more grumpiness and irritation as she continued to get up.

Pearl walked away, her blue flats clicking as she walked downstairs to wait for the gems to come in.

Amethyst slowly rose, placing a hand on her head to recall what just happened.

Of course it wasn't real. It never was, and this is exactly why she had always worn something to cover her gem while she slept. She didn't want to risk it and have (Gem name) see her true feelings and intentions.

Of course Amethyst didn't say anything to (Gem name). They both hadn't gone to the sea spire on a mission, they hadn't kissed underneath the spectacular sea, and (Gem name) didn't say they loved Amethyst.

Finally, Amethyst had walked downstairs, meeting everyone crowded up on the warp pad.

"Hey Amethyst!" Steven said, waving towards the purple gem. Amethyst muttered out a 'hey' before making her way right next to (Gem name).

They chuckled, ruffling Amethyst's hair.
"Better luck this time huh?"
Amethyst sighed, looking up towards the gem and smiling faintly.

"Yeah, better luck this time."