Announcement

Now before I start this and you attack me, I want to say that this is just my opinion and I'm allowed to have it. I'm not hurting anyone with my opinion or I'm not preventing anyone from living their lives. And I also want to say that just because this is my opinion doesn't mean that I'm right. I could be proven wrong with evidence and actual words from Rebecca Sugar. Anyways. But this is just my opinion and my opinion only counts for 1/3 of a regular person's opinion. Just an FYI

My friends are assholes and they brought this up. Is Garnet a hypocrite about the whole falling in love thing?

It's no secret that Garnet is made of love. Ruby and Sapphire are literally a perfect match made by fate. I love their ship and they're goals.
But when Jamie had the "fallen in love" thing, Garnet had said that love takes time and patience.
Now this is extremely important to the viewers. There is no such thing as love at first sight, you cannot fall in love with someone you just met that day (thanks Frozen), and you can't love someone if it's puppy love.

This definitely applies to Rose and Greg. The first episode where they met each other, it was just love for appearances. Greg thought Rose was beautiful and was willing to risk his entire career for her. I mean, he didn't know the slightest thing about her (except that she was magical) and he just left his entire life plan for the magical lady with the pink hair.

But, in We Need To Talk, they genuinely put work into their relationship. They talked and worked out their problems and knots. This is helpful because it went from puppy love to respect for each other and turned into genuine love. They loved each other despite their differences and species.

I got off track along the way, and I'll say what I really wanted to say.
So to those of you who watched The Answer are familiar with the contents.
Ruby and Sapphire fused once and they thought it was true love. Once.
And the whole course of their song has probably only taken a day from the stuff I noticed. So after knowing and speaking each other for a day they decide to be together forever and be the fusion of love.
That's a huge turn and violates Garnet's rule of true love.
Love takes time and love takes work.

Now the whole work thing applies to Keystone Motel. They did disagree like regular couples and they did come to an agreement afterwards. Love does take work. But love takes time too.
Now Garnet has been fused for over 5,550 years. That is a long time, but I feel that Ruby and Sapphire rushed everything too fast in The Answer. I would have loved to see them in flashback episodes as themselves and still deciding to fuse together forever. I would have loved to see them still arguing and split apart working out their knots together and knowing about each other personality wise.

I mean, they had fused once and over the course of one day decided to become Garnet forever for eternity and become the ultimate symbol of love.

That's a lot of stuff to swallow, and I could be wrong like I said. But this is just a theory, I'm not pointing fingers at Garnet and Ruby and Sapphire. I'm just saying that Garnet is basically a hypocrite towards her whole love thing.

MIGHT I ALSO ADD:

I had previously stated that Garnet is a symbol of love for all, and the reason why is because she has three eyes.
Fusions are symmetrical, but Garnet is something entirely new. She's the fusion we've seen with the least problems and extra limbs and such because she only has one extra eye.

Now this eye comes from Sapphire. This also shows up in Sugilite, it's not anything bad. It's just the fact that Sapphire has one eye. In Garnet, Ruby has two eyes and Sapphire has one, two plus one equals three eyes.
A lot of people go crazy over this because they think Garnet is the ultimate fusion. She only has one extra eye and is functional and healthy.

Now this is where Rainbow Quartz comes in.
If we do the same math, it's two eyes plus two eyes. This gets four obviously. This is the same math applied Garnet, and we get the same thing.
Rainbow Quartz comes in screen for probably like ten seconds, but from the looks of it, Rose and Pearl had fluid motions and decided to unfuse together. With all the fusion evidence applied, she's a healthy fusion. She had consent from both the partners and they worked together perfectly to make Rainbow Quartz herself. And just like Garnet, Rose and Pearl had decided together to unfuse.

But somehow people don't consider her a perfect fusion like Garnet. It's literally the same math. I don't understand.