Elevators and Headphones

{Lexi's POV}

I get out of the taxi and make my way down the street to the Island Record's headquarters.

Christmas soon came and went.
It was January 6th.

I carry on walking, looking at the notes app on my phone, where I've typed lots of ideas for my debut single.
My debut single. I never thought I'd say that.

Nonetheless I walk into the building, where I was welcomed by a receptionist.
"Miss Taylor?" This young boy said:
"That's me."
"If you'd like to make your way up to floor 8, you can wait outside Mr Gertler's office. He's almost finished his other meeting."
"Thank you." I smile back.

I walk down the corridor towards the lift.
I pressed the up button and waited momentarily before it opened.

I make my way in and press '8'. I pull out my phone to reply to a message for Olivia, before someone very quickly put his arm through the door, causing it to re open.
"That was lucky." He said.
"Shawn?" I ask, surprised to see him.
"Hey Lexi, how are you?"
"I'm good, in fact I'm on my way to see Andrew." I say.
"Are you?"
"Yeah, he wants to talk ideas about my first single."
"Ah I remember that, there were producers, writers and everything. Good luck." He replies.
"Thanks, so what are you up to?" I ask.
"Oh I'm just here to talk to 'attempt' to record one of my new songs I've written."
"Do I get any sneak peeks?" I ask, half joking.
"That depends." He laughs. "Come to the studio when you've finished with Andrew and maybe I'll give you a small preview."
"Hmm okay. I've got to get off now, see you later."
"Goodbye Lexi." Shawn smiles, before the lift shuts.

I smiled to myself, before I came back to reality and sat down in the waiting room in front of Andrew's meeting room.

I was just going through my social media before I hear him call.
"Lexi?"
"Hi Andrew."
"Nice to see you, did you have a good New Years?" He asks, as I walk in.
"I didn't do much".
"Me either. Now Lexi I'd like to introduce you to Jake Gosling and Geoff Warburton. These guys will help you write and produce your song. They are the best of the best."
"Thank you both so much for being here, truly."
"We're excited to be working with you Lexi." Geoff says.
"Lets crack on shall we". Jake replies, smiling.

After an hour and a half of discussing ideas and thinking about lyrics. We finish up.
"So I'll arrange for you three to have the studio in the next few days so you can start the official writing and recording process." Andrew says.
"I'll guess I'll see you guys then." I say, standing up and getting my bag.
"Looking forward to it Lexi," Jake says.

I walk out of the meeting room and my phone buzzed and it was Finn calling.
"So now you call?" I ask, already pissed.
"Please listen to me." Finn pleads.
"I'm busy, not like you would know."
"I've literally been beating myself up about the fact that I haven't called you or seen you. I felt so bad that I didn't go to the Christmas party. And well, I just wanted to tell you that I love and miss you you and that I'm the biggest idiot."
"You are an idiot. But I think I miss you too."
"Can I take you out for lunch?" He asks.
"Sure, I'm nearly done working. Meet me in half an hour by the corner of North Street."
"See you soon."
"Bye Finn."

I take a deep breath. A part of me was completely over Finn. The over half was still hanging on. I think it's because he was my first proper boyfriend. I mean we have been going out for over 5 years. But ever since I was offered my record deal, he changed.
I just need to talk to him.

I get a drink at the vending machine, before I start making my way to the studio to meet Shawn.

"Is it just you here?" I say, walking into the studio, and seeing Shawn sitting on the chair on his phone.
"As a matter of fact it is. My friend Ian left like 10 minutes ago."
"So where's this song then?" I laugh.
"Come here." Shawn says, picking up some headphones. "We've recorded the first verse and chorus." He said, with his eyes gleaming. He obviously seemed so proud.
I smile at him, as we both put the headphones on.

I won't lie to you
I know he's just not right for you
And you can tell me if I'm off
But I see it on your face
When you say that he's the one that you want
And you're spending all your time
In this wrong situation
And anytime you want it to stop

I know I can treat you better than he can
And any girl like you deserves a gentleman
Tell me why are we wasting time
On all your wasted crying
When you should be with me instead
I know I can treat you better
Better than he can

We looked at each other, in silence for a few moments.
We took the headphones off at the same time.
"Honestly Shawn. The passion you put in your songs is absolutely incredible."
"I'm so glad you like it."
"I love it."
"Who knows, maybe we'll do a collab one day."
"I could imagine that."
"Hey, what are you up to right now? Do you wanna grab a coffee?" Shawn asks.
"Oh... um sorry. It's just that I told Finn I would have lunch with him now." I say sadly.
"Finn?" He said, confused.
"He's my boyfriend. But I'd love to grab a coffee another time Shawn."
"Sure. Have a nice time. I'll see you around." He says.
"Bye Shawn."

I walk away thinking about Shawn's face when I said I had a boyfriend. He looked almost, disappointed?
I'm probably just reading into it too much. I need to focus on sorting things out with Finn.

------------------------------
{Shawn's POV}

I sat heavily into the leather chair. I don't know why I'm shocked. Lexi is so beautiful, of course she was taken. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. But I can't catch feelings for her now. It would be the worst timing. With all what's going on with her and me working on my album.
No.

I get my phone from off the desk and I call Geoff, my best friend.

"Hey Geoff, are you still here?" I ask.
"Yeah I am. You wanna do something?"
"Can you come down the studio? I have some ideas for a new song."