Epilogue

{Lexi's POV}

...We were still us.

I turn my head sharply, putting my bag up on my shoulder and run quickly away.

"LEXI! LEXIIII!" I hear Shawn shout from the distance.

Tears fall down onto my cheeks with every step I took. My heart felt as if it had been ripped into two.

I rub my tears away with my jumper sleeve and sit down on the bench, on the corner of the park.

"Lexi." A voice huffs behind me. "I couldn't stand there and watch you walk away from me. I couldn't do that again."
"Shawn, please, just leave me, you're happy now and I just need to accept the way things are now." I reply, avoiding eye contact because I knew that if I looked at him straight in the eyes I'd fall apart.
"Lexi you don't understand-"

I cut him off. "I knew I would have to let you go someday. I knew you wasn't meant for me. You were meant for great things." My voice cracks. "But somehow, even if I knew, I still kept telling myself that maybe, maybe I don't actually know it. Maybe, you'd be meant for me. Maybe, I would not have to let you go."

I suck a deep breath as I feel tears brimming in my eyes. "Maybe, just maybe I was hoping that I could be wrong."

There was a pause. A moment of silence, before Shawn sighed.
"Are you an idiot?" He chuckles. "You're wrong. Lexi, don't you realise that somehow fate keeps pulling us back together? Don't you think that maybe, we're meant to be together? Because today was not just a coincidence, we were both in that coffee shop because fate wanted us to be.  I had an argument with Hailey, she got pissed at me because I didn't want to move in with her. I couldn't tell her that I'm still and always be in love with you and that's why I can't. And you were in there trying to throw away your past with me-"

"I was just trying to move on with my life, because I hate that it always comes back to you." I reply.
"And you think I enjoy feeling the same? I had to try and find the most beautiful, perfect girl, just to try and get over you. I told myself over and over again that Hailey was perfect for me and so I really must be happy... But she wasn't you." Shawn says.

"...I...I-"

"I love you Lexi. You know I love you. I've never loved anyone else the way I love you."

"I hate how you do this to me, every time." I smile, wiping my tears away. "Shawn I love you too".

As soon as I said that, Shawn's lips touched mine. Sparks flew in every direction, and the world was slowly disappearing around us, along with all of our worries, our troubles and our problems. He made me feel like none of that mattered. It was a small yet warm kiss. I honestly never knew a kiss so innocent could be so intimate and electrifying. A smile grew on my face as it started to tickle, finally we pulled apart.

--------------------------------------------------------

5 years later

I woke to the sound of a mumbling noise next to me.

"Hey baby." I giggle, picking up my son from the crib that was next to our bed.

"Do you want me to go and warm up the milk?" Shawn offers, still half asleep.
"If you wouldn't mind." I reply, getting back into the bed with Leo and kissing Shawn briefly on the cheek.

He got up and closed the door behind him, I leaned back, putting Leo up against my arm.

"Mommy, what time is it?". Rosie asks, opening my door again slowly.
"It's very early sweetheart, see, it's still dark outside." I chuckle. "You know what, I'm sure your daddy won't mind giving up his half of the bed, come on in." I say.

"I leave for one minute and suddenly there's an extra person in my bed." Shawn laughs.

Rosie quickly pulls the covers over her head. "I'm talking about you Rosie!" He says, pulling the covers and tickling her, so that she's in fits of laughter.

Rosie shuffles into the middle of the bed, between Me and Leo and Shawn.

"I tested the milk and it's not too hot." He smiles, as he passes the bottle to me.

"Who would've thought, us, as parents?" I glee, whilst I feed Leo.

"Falling in love with you was the best thing that ever happened to me, and nothing will ever ruin the love I have for you, Rosie and Leo." Shawn smiles.

{A/N *surprise* (also did you think i️ could leave the story with a bad ending?!!!!)
i've truly finished this book, properly now! and i'd like to thankyou to every single person who has read, voted and commented. also a special thankyou to my bestie oliwia (or livi) for being my main g i️ love you lots}