2am Accidents

{Lexi's POV}

I've tried sleeping, but I just can't seem to. I've tried pretty much everything. A hot cup of tea, Netflix, hell I even read half of my book.

It was currently 2am, according to my phone.
I wonder if Shawn is still up? I want to text him to ask about the hockey game, but I decide to browse Twitter first.

My mentions have been blowing up. What?

I felt my heart sink into the pit of my stomach, Shawn didn't just lie to me about the club. He was dancing with another girl?
I was so confused, so confused that I didn't know what to do apart from cry.
Everyone was tweeting about it, and I couldn't stop looking. There were pictures, so many of them.
Why did he lie?

I go to my wardrobe and go to pull out a jumper. Of course Shawn's the first one I went to get was his. I threw it onto the floor and I got my Purpose Tour jumper and put that on instead.
If anything I was more angry than upset right now, I don't know the whole context behind the photos, but they seemed cosy.

I storm out of my house, not caring if my Mom heard me leave.
I needed time to clear my head and take some time out.

--------

I can't have been out for long, I'm guessing because I've left my phone at home. I can't handle the reminders of Shawn. The air was so cold and icy. There was hardly any life around. No cars, no people, no noise.
It felt like it was just me, on this empty earth.

I decide to head home, I don't particularly want to catch hypothermia.
I was quietly singing Wild to myself. Gosh I love that song a lot.
I walk across the road, and I try to get my door keys out of my pocket. But me being me, they fell out onto the road.

I bend down to pick them up, I look at the little keyring on it. It said 'best'. Me and Olivia got these twin set of key rings in 9th grade and we vowed to keep them on our keys, even if they have gotten all disgusting and old. I smile to myself.

There was a bright flood of light, that made the whole world freeze-

-------------------------
{Shawn's POV}

"God what even happened last night?" I mumble as I rub my eyes, to find myself collapsed on Matt's sofa. "Matt where are you?"
"Down here." He says, holding up his hand, laying next to the coffee table.
"How the hell is it 3pm?" I say, shocked.
"Well I think we stayed out until really late, and had a lot to drink." He says.
"I better call Lexi." I say, coughing slightly.
"I hope no one saw those pictures." He chuckles to himself.
"What pictures?" I panic.
"Well there was that girl who was taking pics of you and Chloe, and there might've been more-"
"I ALMOST FORGOT. SHIT MATT WHAT IF LEXI SEES THEM AND KNOWS THAT I LIED TO HER?"
"To be honest, I think she'll be more pissed about how close you were to that other girl."
"I was not close to her Matt-"
"You treat all your fans like that?"
"I'm so fucking screwed." I face palm.
"Just text her and see if she replies." Matt says, trying to be somewhat reassuring.
"I guess." I reply.
I text her just asking how she was and if she wanted to go out tonight to make up for me cancelling yesterday. No reply.

----------------
"Matt it's been hours and she hasn't replied." I say.
"Ok she's definitely pissed at you." He laughs.
"This isn't funny." I say, changing my tone.
"Go buy her some flowers or some shit. Girls love that."
"I guess I could go to her house." I think.
"Go get your girl." Matt laughs.
"Can you stop laughing please?" I ask, raising my eyebrow, as I get my stuff together.
"It's just funny."
"What is?" I hastily reply.
"Just the way you seem like you care about how Lexi feels, after you've done something bad."
"What do you mean?"
"Shawn I'm not judging you because you're my brother. But Lauren told Zoe who told me what happened after you dropped her home."
"Oh for fucks sake." I angrily say.
"I'm not going to say anything. Of course I wouldn't. I just wanna know why you're with Lexi if you don't care for her that much."
"I do Matt. It's just- I'm new to this relationship thing. I'm still trying to work it all out. I need to get going, I'll see you around." I say, as I leave his room.

I walk back to my house and I didn't even bother going in, I went straight into my car so that I could drive to the store to get some flowers.
However, just as I turned the engine on, my phone rang. I didn't know the number, but I still decided to answer.
"Shawn?" Wait was this Lexi's Mom?
"Mrs Taylor?" I ask, confusingly.
"Its just Lexi got into this horrible accident and she didn't have her phone on her, so they weren't able to contact me when they found her. And oh my god she hasn't woken up since and-" She rushes.
"Lexi got into an accident?!" I was shocked.
"I don't even know why but she went on a walk in the early hours of the morning, and a car hit her down.-"
"I'll be right there.-"