Finn

{Lexi's POV}

My heart beats faster as soon as I walk through the cafe door and see Finn waiting anxiously.
Straight away he comes over and says, "Hey Lexi, how are you? You look great."
"Let's just sit down and order I'm hungry."
"Sure thing." He replies.

We sit down in a booth and I order a blt sandwich.
"So, why did you decide to ring me today? Why not at Christmas or new year?" I say, abruptly.
"I wish I could tell you an excuse. I have no reason. I was just a prick."
"You've acted so much differently, since I got signed the other month. What's changed?" I ask.
"I just... I just thought it was going to be hard keeping up with you. Your career is sorted, whilst I'm still trying to find my way."
"So today you call me and tell me that you love me..."
"I never stopped Lexi. I just want us to work because I love you, but in order for us to be a couple, I think you should quit your whole singing thing."
"Wait what?" I say, shocked.
"Yeah, I think if you come college with me, we can continue as normal.."
"But Finn, this is my dream?"
"I know, but maybe it should just stay a dream. Lexi I love you and I don't want you to leave me."
"Finn I never would've left you. I can't believe you thought I would. And no, I'm not going to quit my dream just to make you happy."
"Lexi please-"
"No. You can't keep expecting me to do as you say. That might've worked a year ago but not now. I've grown up and I don't need you."
"Wait-"
"Goodbye Finn, we're over."

I get up, grab my bag and leave with no hesitation.

Tears rolled down my face. I looked back and suddenly I bumped into to someone. Shawn.

"Shawn?" I say, quickly wiping away my tears.
"Have you been crying?" He asks, wiping my cheek.
"No, I'm fine, really. I just wanna go home."
"You don't look okay. How did lunch with Finn go?"
"Horrible. So fucking horrible. He wanted me to quit singing, so that we could be together... I'm sorry, you probably don't want to hear all about my pathetic relationship."
"Like I said before, you can always talk to me. Now, this Finn sounds like the biggest dick. Singing is your dream and you need to embrace it, and no one has the right to tell you to stop."
"It sounds like you've experienced the same thing."
"I guess I have. But that was a long time ago and I have no regrets."
"I think a part of me knew it was over."
"You just have to focus on the now."
"And that's what I'll do." I say, breaking into a small smile.
"That's better, you have a really beautiful smile Lexi."
"Shawn-" I couldn't help but smile more.
"Lexi, do you wanna come and hang with me and Geoff? I was just in my way to the shops-"
"I'd love to, but I just really want to get home."
"That's okay, I'll guess I'll see you soon."
"You will, bye Shawn."

He gives me a quick hug before he walks off.

I hail a taxi, and make my way home.

There was no traffic and After half an hour I get home and throw my jacket and coat off into the rack.

I make myself a coffee, before I pull out my guitar and song book. I was feeling inspired.

I started strumming chords, then melodies.
This was shortly followed by accompanying lyrics.

After an hour I was done. I'm not sure if I want this to be my single or whatever, but I was proud of it.

It's called Starving

{a/n yes ik this is hailee's song but let's just believe Lexi wrote 💁🏻}