Love On The Brain

July - 3 months later...

{Lexi's POV}

"So are you ready?" Shawn asks, holding my hands.
"I think so." I reply, smiling.
"YOURE ON IN FIVE!" One of the stage crew shout.
"At least Ellen is nice." Shawn laughs.
"I love Ellen more than you." I say, as I quickly kiss him on his cheek.
"That hurts my feelings Lexi." Shawn replies sarcastically.
"I better go get ready, love you."
"I love you too, and don't forget I'll be watching at the sides."
"I won't, see you then."
"Good luck Hun."

He gives me one more kiss before I go over to the side, where I was due on any second.

The past 3 months have been something. Good mainly.
I told Shawn about my new friendship with Lauren, and he was so angry about it, I know it's weird, but he completely over reacted. But we moved past that and he accepted the fact we're friends. Speaking of friends, there is a member of my band called Erin. When Andrew got the band together last month, I clicked with all of the guys, but I got on really well with her. I'd say she's one of my really good friends, It's like we've known each other for years. She plays the guitar, alongside me, or if not when I'm just singing.

Shawn has also been working hard, but it upsets me when I see him so stressed trying to write and record music, because he normally blows steam by going out and drinking. Hopefully when the album is done he'll be better. But nonetheless he's been pretty good to me. My Mom absolutely adores him. It's crazy to think we've been together now for nearly 7 months.

Oh and Olivia and Ian are officially a couple. To be honest they called themselves that a week after that double date. She's so loved up right now and I'm so happy for her.

And during the past few months, I got round to writing some more, and that's why I'm here today at the Ellen Show.

Andrew arranged for me to have an interview with her and then perform it.

"So please welcome one of the hottest new stars, Lexi Taylor!" Ellen exclaims.

I walk over to her, making sure that I dint trip over in these crazy heels I'm wearing.
"Thanks to much for having me." I say, giving her a hug, before sitting on the white seat.
"It's our honour! So Lexi, tell us a little about you." She says.
"Oh well about 9 months ago, I uploaded a cover to my YouTube channel, it was one I did of Halo by Beyoncé. And somehow my now manager Andrew, came across it and signed me to Island Records!"
"I bet that was a shock!"
"It was, defiantly." I smile.
"Now this reminds me of an interview I did over a year ago, with someone called Shawn Mendes." She laughs.
"Ah yes Shawn." I joke.
"Now we all remember the storm the internet encountered when you two announced your relationship, so tell me Lexi, what's it like, going out with someone who is also in the media eye?" Ellen asks.
"I would say that it's actually quite good, I mean it's annoying when people make up stories or something, but the fact that we both understand the media and what they're like, makes our relationship more stronger."
"Well I'm so happy for the both of you, so talk to me about your new single, that you'll be performing in a moment."
"Ok so my new song is called Love On The Brain, and it's about how love can mess with your mind, in a good and bad way."

{A/N oml I love this song so much}

"Personal?"
"In some sense." I joke.
"Ok well Lexi's song will be out tonight at midnight, so don't forget to preorder it so you can listen to it then." Ellen says to the audience, as I look over at Shawn who is smiling at me from the wings.
"So put your hands together, this is Love On The Brain!"

I quickly get up and hurry over to the microphone, the drummer counts us in and I begin to sing.

"And you got me like oh
What you want from me?
And I tried to buy your pretty heart, but the price too high
Baby, you got me like oh, mm
You love when I fall apart, fall apart
So you can put me together
And throw me against the wall

Baby, you got me like ah, woo, ah
Don't you stop loving me, loving me
Don't quit loving me, loving me
Just start loving me, loving me, babe

Oh, and, babe, I'm fist fighting with fire
Just to get close to you
Can we burn something, babe?
And I run for miles just to get a taste
Must be love on the brain
That's got me feeling this way
It beats me black and blue but it loves me so good
And I can't get enough
Must be love on the brain, yeah
And it keeps cursing my name, cursing my name
No matter what I do
I'm no good without you
And I can't get enough
Must be love on the brain

Then you keep loving me
Just love me, yeah
Just love me
All you need to do is love me yeah
Got me like ah-ah-ah-ow
I'm tired of being played like a violin
What do I gotta do to get in your motherfuckin' heart?

Baby, like ah, woo, ah
Don't you stop loving me, loving me
Don't quit loving me, loving me
Just start loving me, loving me, babe

Oh, and, babe, I'm fist fighting with fire
Just to get close to you
Can we burn something, babe?
And I run for miles just to get a taste
Must be love on the brain
That's got me feeling this way
It beats me black and blue but it loves me so good
And I can't get enough
Must be love on the brain
And it keeps cursing my name, cursing my name
No matter what I do
I'm no good without you
And I can't get enough
Must be love on the brain."

I look up and see the whole audience standing up and clapping.
Man I love this feeling.

------------------------------------------