Too Early?

{Lexi's POV}

I've never said I liked Monday's. In fact, when I was in highschool I hated them. Waking up at 6am and being faced with 5 days of school. No thanks.

But today was different. I was excited. I planned on meeting with Andrew to talk about when my song will be released. And maybe I'll bump into Shawn. Although, I still feel bad for him that my dad shouted at him, that shouldn't have happened. But I just really want to see him.

"Lexi, do you want me to drive you into the city?" My Mom asks, coming into my room, whilst I was putting my makeup on.
"I'd love that, thankyou." I reply.
"So what do you think you'll get up to today? She asks.
"I'm meeting with Andrew and we're gonna talk about the release date and all that stuff." I say.
"This is so exciting. My Lexi having her own song!"
"Mommm", I laugh.
"Oh I'm sorry, I can't help it, I'm so proud of you."
"That means so much," I say.

"I wonder what Shawn thinks," she smiles.

I was not expecting her to talk about Shawn, she's only met him once.

"What about Shawn?" I ask, shocked and confused.

"I'm not silly, it's obvious he's your boyfriend." She says happily.

"He's not my boyfriend Mom, but why do you think that?"
"All those late night phone calls, the walls are thin sweetie. It's obvious he's in love with you, when he dropped you off when you went clubbing. It's all in the eyes. They speak a thousand words."
"But-"
"And your father may have mentioned how badly your run in was."
"Oh that", I say.
"Lexi, I really like Shawn."
"You do?"
"Anyone who makes you happy, makes me happy. And like I said before, he's in love with you".
"He can't-"
"Why's that?" She asks, raising her eyebrow.
"We're not even official. Only Olivia knows, I'm not even sure Shawn has spoken to his friends about us."
"The world doesn't have to know the insides of your relationship"
"You're right. Damn you're good at relationship advice Mom".

"Thankyou sweetie, now should we get going? We don't want you to be late, I heard there's a bit of traffic".

"Sure Mom", I laugh, whilst picking up my bag.

Like she said there was traffic, but soon we were at Island records.

"Thankyou for the ride Mom", I say getting out of the car.
"It's fine, have good day, I love you lots."
"I love you too".

However, before I was able to shut the door, I heard her say, "Oh and don't forget to see Shawn later".

"Will do Mom!". I laugh hysterically.

----------------------------------

"Hey Lexi", Andrew says, as I walk into his office.
"How are you?", I ask, sitting down on the leather chair, on the other side of his desk.
"I'm great actually. Everything going on with you and Shawn has put me in a great mood".

"Me and Shawn?", I ask. How on earth could Andrew know about us?

"Well Shawn is coming up with great songs for his album, and you, well where do I begin?"

I was so relived.

"So you still think the song is good?"
"I love it, I truly think that this could be a number 1". He replies.
"Wow".
"So it's really up to you, for when you want the song to be released. However, before we announce it, we need to get some promo pics and the cover."

"Wait, as in?-"

"A photoshoot, yes. You'll have to tell us what kind of theme you want and we can work around that. So when would you like the song to be released? Bearing in mind I'd like at least 3 weeks to give it good promotion."

"How would the 16th March be?"

"Sounds good! So I can book the photoshoot, so you'll have to let me know any themes you'd like. And I'll set you up your own Spotify and Apple account, so the song can be available on those."

"Thanks Andrew" I say.
"Don't mention it, I'm glad I came across your cover."
"Me too! Well I guess I'll see you again soon."
"See you then, have a nice day", Andrew replies.

"Hey, would I be able to go into the studio if there's no one in there. It's just I want to strum some chords on the guitar-"

"Of course". He smiles.

"See ya."
---------
I shut the door behind me.

The 16th of March. Exactly 5 weeks until 'Starving' will be out.

I have to tell Shawn.

I hurry down the flight of stairs to his office room.

I knock on the door to see if he was in there. "Come in", I heard him say.

"Mendessss", I say walking in.
"Lexi!", he says, jolting up from his seat, and smiling instantly.
"What are you up to?" I ask.
"Oh, um nothing". He replies.
"Shawn?", I say, raising my eyebrow.
"I was writing a song", he mutters under his breath.
"What's so secretive about that?"
"It's going pretty shit. I can normally write fairly well. I don't know what's going on."

"Well I was going to go and see if there's an empty studio, after I saw you. Why don't you bring your guitar and come with me. We can just play for a bit and see if there's any inspiration."

"You're such an angel", he smiles. "So how did things go with Andrew?"
"AMAZING!", I somewhat scream.
"You sorted out a release date?!" Shawn asks.
"March 16th!" I say, happily.

"I'm so excited and proud of you Lexi"

Why does Shawn saying that, have such an affect on me. I can't be in love with him. It's too early and I don't know if he feels the same.
"Oh and by the way my Mom was asking about you this morning".

"Really? What did she say?" He laughs.

"That you love me", I thought to myself.
"Just that she knows about us". I smile.
"Ah what happened with your dad, is she okay about us?"
"It's safe to say she is a Shawn Mendes fan". I laugh.
"So when can I expect to come round to yours for dinner?" He jokes.
"Hold up Mendes!"
"I'm jokinggg. You love me really".

"Yes I really fricking do", I thought.

I put my arms around Shawn and he leans in for a kiss. Like most of our kisses, they turn more intense very quickly.
Soon I felt his hot breath on my neck, then the tender brush of his lips on mine, burning as they made contact with my neck. His hand runs through my hair, as the kisses became more urgent. Another hand slides around my waist, and pulls me close to his pine scented body.

"Shawn?", Geoff says, opening the door.

"GEOFF", Shawn kinda shouts, whilst I try and sort my top and hair out. God this was so fucking embarrassing.

"God sorry Shawn-", he says, shutting his eyes and turning away from us.

------------------------------------------

{Shawn's POV}

"I'll meet you in the studio in a bit", Lexi says.
"I won't be long", I promise her.
She quickly goes past Geoff and she was gone.

"Quite possibly the worst timing". I say.

"I didn't know... But you and Lexi? How many people know about that?". He asks.
"Hardly anyone. I mean her friend knows. I told Brian a while ago, but he didn't think I was doing the right thing. So that's why we're not talking."
"Oh I see. So you guys aren't official?"
"I guess not, I like the way things are right now. As soon as we announce we're a couple, people and fans will get involved. And I don't know how to deal with that."

"I can see where you're coming from. Do you love her Shawn?"

This is the question I always ask myself. "I really think I do."

"You think?"
"But is it not to early?"
"When you know, you know".
"How will I know she feels the same?", I ask.

"It's obvious she loves you."