Wedding Day

5 months later...

"Today's the day!" I scream, as I run into Olivia's hotel room.
"I'm a mess, the hairdresser is stuck in traffic and my favourite eyeshadow palette broke. Please help." She almost cried.
"Calm down, calm down I've got this. Well it's good luck that I've bought my eyeshadow palette, I can do your makeup if you like?" I say.
"Oh Lexi that would be brilliant! Could you do a champagne eye with nude gloss?" She asks.
"Of course I can." I smile whilst opening up my makeup bag.

Half way through we heard a knock at the door.
"Do you want me to get that incase it's Ian?" I ask.
"If you wouldn't mind, I don't want him to see me yet." She laughs.
"Well you wait there and I'll be right back." I glee.

I walk over to the door and open it slightly to see who it was.
"Oh hey Geoff." I say in shock.
"Lexi?!" He says, also surprised.
"I'm just helping Olivia get ready, is everything okay?" I ask.
"Yep everything's good our end, I just wanted to let her know that Shawn made it back from his tour for the wedding and that he'll be swapping places with Matt at the meal."

Shawn. Of course he came back.

"I'll be sure to tell her." I try to smile.
"How are you these days?" He asks.
"I'm doing fine, I really am. My album will be out soon, Jake's been really helpful. How about you?"
"Oh you know, I've been on the road for a bit with Shawn helping him write the last few songs on his album."
"Oh that's nice, I don't mean that sarcastically." I laugh. "I'm glad you're both getting on with your lives."
"Well I'll catch you later, I got to finish my best man speech." He chuckles.
"See ya!".

I close the door and go back over to Olivia.
"So that was Geoff?"
"Yeah, he just said that Shawn made it back from his tour for the wedding and that him and Matt will be swapping places at the meal, so he'll be next to me."
"Oh my god, I can change that if you want-" She panics.
"It's fine really!" I smile.
"But he broke your heart?"
"He did...Yeah but perhaps I broke my own.. I'm not sure, I can't quite decide. It's not like I went into it blindfolded, or maybe I did, maybe I chose to believe things he said."

"What do you mean?" Olivia questions.

"He told me what he had done to other girls, about how he made them fall in love only to make them fall apart, he told me he never stays around long, he told me my feelings had no place in his life, you know? Like, he would say that we'd be together forever. But instead it was more, "and in the end you'll be crying on your bedroom floor calling my phone and I'll let it ring whilst my lips are pressed against a girl who isn't you" kind of thing, and god knows that's exactly what happened. I spent too many months of my life crying for him, screaming for him, my heart yearning for him every single second of every single day.  But I mean, how mad can you be at someone for being exactly who they told you they were? I knew how it would end after our first kiss and yet I read the book anyway, went along with the storylines as if the moments of happiness were supposed to last despite already knowing they wouldn't but pretending they would for a good few chapters."

"Good use of metaphors." Olivia smiles whilst hugging me. "So you're sure?"
"I am." I laugh. "Let's finish getting you ready soon to be Mrs Warburton."

------------------------

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride" The priest states.
They kiss alongside a loud cheer. I smile over at them, before I walk back down the aisle behind them. I keep my head down, making sure I don't look at Shawn who was sitting on the edge.

-----------------------------------------
{Shawn's POV}

Watching Olivia and Ian look so happy made me think about how much of a mess my own life was. Although, seeing Lexi look so beautiful didn't help. It's been 5 months since I last saw her, and god she looks happier. My tour has occupied all my time, but I haven't stopped thinking about her, and how I regret absolutely everything I done. However, I cheer alongside everyone else when they walked down the aisle. Smiling over to Lexi too, who didn't see me. Maybe she has really moved on.

--------------------------------------

"Do you want a beer Matt?" I offer.
"That'd be great, cheers man." He replies.

I walk over to the bar and wait patiently. I glance over and see Lexi on the opposite side.
She looked so beautiful, she flashed a smile in my direction. The big, bright kind where her eyes crinkle at the sides I adore so much. My heart stopped, my hands began to shake and I was frozen. I miss her. I smiled back; only to realise she wasn't smiling at me.

------------------------------
{Lexi's POV}

I sip my drink slowly, whilst overthinking absolutely everything.
"Hey." A voice said behind me.
I turned my head around to see Finn.
"It must've been nearly a year since I last saw you." I smile.
"It would've been a year on January 6th." He nervously replied.
"The fact that you know." I laugh.
"I think we both know how weird I am, so how are you these days?"
"Um, pretty good. My Album is almost complete, and there's talk of me going on tour in a bit. How about you? Still at medical school?"
"2nd year, to much belief I haven't dropped yet. And I'm really happy for you, doing what you love."
"Thanks, I mean I should get going, I need to find Olivia."
"Before you go-." He quickly says whilst putting his hand on my arm. "I heard about Shawn, and if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here."
"Thanks Finn but I'm fine, I'll see you around."