Kiss Me

{Lexi's POV}

We drove through all the dark streets, until we arrived at the lake.
I remember coming here all the time when I was younger with my dad. He would always bring food and we'd have a picnic. Then sometimes he'd bring a ball and we'd play catch for ages.
But now I'm here with Shawn, who was just getting his guitar out from the back of his car, as I wait, leaning against the bonnet.

"Where should we go?" I ask, as he comes back next to me.
"Over there." He signals.
With his spare hand, he holds mine and we walk over to this large rock.

He puts a blanket down, that we both then sit on, so we don't freeze.
"So then Mendes." I giggle.
"Ok so I have written a few song for the new album."
"Go on."
"But I want them to be a surprise, so tonight I'm gonna play you a few of my older ones."
"What are you waiting got for?" I smile, as my heart beats faster.

{A/N I'm listening to This is What It Takes rn and I'm a wreck. CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHY THIS GEM ISNT TALKED ABOUT MORE}

So as Shawn starting strumming and singing softly. I look at the star lit sky, everything seemed perfect.

------------------------------------
{Shawn's POV}

"... And take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart
Never be alone.
You'll never be alone."

There was a moment of silence. I looked at her. Her eyes shone in the moonlight and her smile seemed as big as ever. Moments like these makes all our pain worth it.

"You amaze me." She gleams.
"I feel cheesy."
"Well that's because you are."
"It's getting cold, do you wanna head back?" I ask.
"I'd like to stay a few more minutes, if that's okay?" She asks, fiddling with her scarf.
"Of course... Come here."

She moves closer to me as I put my guitar down and open my arms out to her.

We sat there, not even saying much, but just looking out onto the lake, with her head resting on my shoulder.

"I love you Shawn."
"I love you too sweetheart." I reply, as I kiss her forehead.

------------------------------
{Lexi's POV}

"Ok maybe we should go now, I can't feel my fingers." I say, standing up.
"Fair enough." He replies doing the same.

We walk to his car with his arm around my side, which might I add I love.

We soon drive off to go back.
"Music?" Shawn asks, looking at me quickly, as his eyes dart straight back onto the road.
"Is that even a question?" I laugh.
"What are we playing then? Please say Ed."
"Ed of course."
"Good good." He says.

I press shuffle and then first song that came on was Kiss Me, one of my favourites.

"So are we going to sing along?" Shawn asks, keeping his eyes forward, but smiling.
"You first."

He had no hesitation.
"And your heart's against my chest, your lips pressed to my neck
I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet
And with a feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now. Go on your turn."

"Kiss me like you wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
This feels like falling in love
Falling in love
We're falling in love." I sing, half taking it seriously.
Shawn carried on and I just sat back.

Love is such a weird thing, like how can one person affect your life so much?

I know you can find love anywhere, but the love I found with him was the most illogical thing I've ever seen. He teases me, he challenges me, he pisses me off, and somehow I can't even consider the idea of leaving him. The only thing I can do is love him. But I found a passionate lover in him. His kisses taste like heaven, his touches make me feel loved, his smiles are the brightest when we are together.

I guess that illogical can be good sometimes.