Secrets

{Lexi's POV}

The sunlight filled Shawn's room. Illuminating all his posters and fan drawings. I left him asleep as I made my way downstairs.
His Mom was already making pancakes and even made some for me.
We all just chat whilst eating, I get on so well with them all, and I think they like me. We talked about lots of things. Like my singing career, my family. And also Aaliyah's hockey and school.

"I really should get going." I say, as I take my last bite of my maple pancake.
"Are you sure dear? Did you not want to wait for Shawn? He'll be able to give you a lift." Karen says.
"It's fine really, I need to get home, my Mom wanted my opinion for a new kitchen that we're having done." I smile. "And besides, I like to walk."
"Only if you're sure sweety, I'll tell Shawn that you said goodbye."
"Thankyou so much, and thankyou for breakfast it was lovely."
"Well you're always welcome around here." Karen says.
"I'll be off then, Bye Aaliyah!"
"You know what, I really like you, you're cool." She says, approvingly.
"Thanks." I laugh.
"Shawn should bring you to one of my hockey games."
"I'd really like that." I reply.
"Goodbye Mrs Mendes."
"KAREN!" She jokes.
"Sorry, my apologies." I laugh.

I walk home in the fresh spring air. I put my earphones in and I listen to Jon Bellion.
I hold onto the edge of my necklace that Shawn got me last month. I haven't taken it off since, god are we really turning into that cheesy couple?!

------------------------------
3 weeks later
{Shawn's POV}

"Come on Shawn." Matt begs, as we play video games.
"I can't, I promised Lexi that I'd take her to new restaurant place in uptown Toronto." I reply.
"Yeah but I really want to go out tonight, I just want to blow some steam since Zoe decided she doesn't want to speak to me." Matt says.
"What did you do?" I laugh.
"I may of accidentally forgotten her birthday." He says, ashamed.
"Even I remembered." I chuckled. "I guess the restaurant thing isn't a big deal, an evening filled with alcohol and decent sounds pretty good."
"Yes man! How about we finish this game and we can leave, considering it's already 9."
"Yeah I can't be bothered to change, this outfit will be alright." I say, looking down at my black ripped jeans and grey Henley top.
"Aren't you gonna tell Lexi?" Matt asks.
"I will when we leave. I bet she's not even dressed yet."
"What if she's pissed?" He says, raising his eyebrow.
"She won't be, she's chill. Besides I'll tell her I'm watching Aaliyah play hockey or something." I reply.
"So fucking secretive." Matt laughs. "It's like I'm your side-chick."
"Very funny." I mock.

---------------------
{Lexi's POV}

Shawn said he was going to take me to this new restaurant opening in uptown Toronto tonight. I was trying to be calm about it, but really I was so excited. Apparently it was really hard to get reservations. So, I bought a brand new black dress and shoes for the occasion. I don't even know if Shawn remembers but it has been 5 months since we first met. It was on the 22nd of December.
I literally hate the fact that I know this. I was never like this with Finn. But I guess Shawn is more special. Once again I'm here being cringey as fuck.

Nonetheless I was all ready for Shawn to pick me up. He said that he'd drive us there.

---------

Shawn's half an hour late? Fair enough he was caught up with something, but I'd thought he'd at least text.
I go to re apply my lipstick, when I heard my phone ring. I rush to it and I see that Shawn was ringing.
"Hey Shawn." I say, happily.
"Lexi-" He says, less enthusiastic.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
"It's just - Aaliyah really wanted me to go and watch her play this special hockey game tonight. And I really hate cancelling on you, she just really wants me there."
"Oh no, I understand, we can always go another time." I reply.
"Thankyou for being so understanding. He says.
"We can always go out another time." I try to smile to myself.
"I love you so much." Shawn says.
"I love you too, have a nice time." I reply, before I hang up and put my phone down onto the table.

I can't be annoyed. Aaliyah is his family. Family comes first. He would only do this if it was important, and I know how much hockey means to her.

Maybe I'll just put on my pajamas and watch the new episode of Sherlock.

----------------------------------
{Shawn's POV}

"I hope you feel bad for lying." Matt says, as we pull up to the club.
"I'll be fine and she'll be fine, it's not like she's going to find out." I reply.
"Just don't do anything stupid." He laughs.
"Like I would." I joke.

---------------------

"So where should we start?" I ask Matt, as we walk over to the bar.
"How about you get us some shots and I'm going to go talk to that blonde girl over there."
"Urgh fine." I grin.

I got us some shots, and I already had two whilst waiting for the rest to arrive. I took the remainders over to Matt and the girl he was 'trying' to pull.

"Ahhh thanks Shawn!" Matt says.
"Wait are you Shawn, Shawn Mendes?" This girl asks.
"I am." I laugh.
"My best friend Chloe absolutely loves you!" She says. She already seemed quite tipsy.
"Oh really". I chuckle. "Maybe I should meet her some time."
"She's here! She went to get a drink or something. Oh my gosh she's going to have such a shock." She giggles, whilst grabbing Matts face and kissing it,
I look away, before my eyes were burned. Until I saw this girl walking up to us, maybe she was this Chloe.
"CHLOE ITS SHAWN MENDES." The girl screams.
"Annie, don't scream, you're probably freaking him out." She says, slightly embarrassed.
"Oh it's okay," I laugh. "Once there was a time a girl pushed through a barrier and broke her arm."
"Oh I read about that!". She says before pausing. "Now you think I'm some weird fan." She blushes.
"Not at all! Hey, do you want to dance or something?" I ask.
"Of course! But don't you have a girlfriend?"
"I do, but I don't plan on doing anything bad, just a dance?"
"Sure why not." Chloe says, smiling.

---------------

For most of this night, Chloe and I danced and drunk more than we should've. It was actually really fun. However the night was coming to the end, because apparently Matt can't always take what's in his cup, and needed to go home.
"It was nice meeting you." I whisper in Chloe's ear, so that she would hear above the noise.
"It was great to meet you Shawn!" She exclaimed before reaching out for a hug.
I smile awkward hug back, before I catch someone taking a picture with a flash.
"What do you think you're doing?" I ask this random stranger.
"It's not everyday you seen Shawn Mendes in a club." She snarls.
"And that gives you a right to just take pictures of me? When I'm just trying to have fun?!"
"I haven't been the only person taking pictures. You might want to check Twitter when you've sobered up, I doubt your girlfriend Lexi will be happy with all those pictures of you and that girl dancing together."
"I swear to god-!"
"SHAWN, lets just go man." Matt just about manages to say, gripping my shoulder.