Meeting Her

{Lexi's POV}

I wake up, with the sun shining brightly in my room. I had a raging headache.
I sit up and see that Shawn was already gone. I check my phone and he text me. It said, "Had to leave early for Aaliyah's hockey thing, didn't want to wake you, love you."
I text him back and I go downstairs.

"How was last night sweetie?" My Mom asks, as I walk into the kitchen, in search for a drink.
"It was good, I think Olivia and Ian really hit it off." I reply.
"Ah that's so nice, and how was Shawn? I spoke to him briefly as he left, something about a hockey game?"
"Shawn's okay, and yeah, it's his sisters match thing."
"Oh I see, he's so polite Lexi." She boasts.
"I know he is." I laugh.
"So are things really serious between you two?" She asks, passing me a glass from the cupboard.
"Thank you... Yeah I guess they are, I feel weird talking about him with you." I grin.
"Don't be, when I was your age, my mother kept asking me about your dad, and I was so embarrassed. But I've always tried to be like one of those cool Moms who really know their kids."
"Mom you need to stop." I laugh.
"I hope you're using protection-"
"STOP THATS ENOUGH." I blurt out. "Seriously." I pull a face.
"Ok fine, have you got any plans today?" She asks, changing the awkward topic.
"Not that I know of, I might go out to the mall and find a new bag."
"Will Olivia not go with you?"
"I think she's um.... a bit busy." I say. "It's fine though."
"Well I can give you a lift there if you want." She says.
"That would be good, thankyou."

----------------------------------
After a short car ride, Mom dropped me off and I headed straight to Nordstrums.

I really wanted to get a new bag, mainly as a treat to myself for Starving getting in the top 5 on the billboard charts.

I browsed between all the different designers and styles. There was so many types.

After a while of narrowing it down between two bags, I was stuck. The people in the shops tried to sell both to me, but I can't go crazy.

"I think the black one would look nice with whatever you where." A girl stop beside me says.
"Oh... Thanks." I smile. "I don't know much about bags."
"Don't worry, me too... But that black bag is absolutely gorgeous." She says.
"I thought it was time I had treat." I chuckle.
"Oh my god, you're Lexi?"
"I am." I reply.
"I love your music, but I've heard of you from my friends, well I guess they're Shawn's friends too."
"No way... You must be either Zoe, Harriet or-"
"Lauren." She smiles.

Lauren Arendse. Shawn's Ex. Well this could get awkward.

"So you're Lauren." I laugh, trying to not make things awkward.
"Unfortunately yes, how come you never came to the bonfire last month?"
"Oh...I thought it was best if Shawn just went on his own... to catch up with everyone." I reply.
"Ah that's too bad, you seem so nice."
"You too." I say, although it was true. I didn't know how I imagined her to be like. Shawn never said she was bad, or even spoke awful about her. She was genuinely lovely.

"Hey... I haven't got to be anywhere, would you like to go get a coffee?" I ask, happily.
"Are you sure? Wouldn't it be weird? The ex and the girlfriend?"
"It doesn't have to be. Besides, it's just coffee and girl talk." I reply.
"Sure... Why not." She glees.

---------------------------------------------

Coffee with Lauren was surprisingly great. Well, I don't know why I would be surprised. We get on so well, it was almost like we were already good friends. We talked about all sorts really. We even made a plan to meet up again next week.

Currently, it was 7pm and I was on my way to Shawn's house. He invited me round because he wanted to share a new song or something on his guitar. Needless to say I was very excited.

I walk up to the front door of his house, where he soon met me by opening the door and giving me a kiss straight away.
"Well hey then." I laugh, hugging him.
"Ok so here's the thing..."
"Oh god what." I reply, nervously.
"Oh god it's not bad, I just thought that because my family are home, I would drive us to the lake, so we're in private."
"That's fine." I laugh. "I'm so excited to hear it."
"After you." Shawn says, as he opens his car door.
"You're such a gentleman." I smile.
"I try my hardest." He replied, as he closes the door.