Caught

The Next Day...

{Shawn's POV}

Currently it's 2pm and I'm waiting in the studio for Camila. I asked her to come over here to help me finish writing this one song for the album. I need a second opinion, and when we wrote I Know What You Did Last Summer, she was pretty great at the whole process.

"Miss me?" She says loudly, startling me.
"Camilaaaa." I joke, as I give her a quick hug.
"So you don't text me for months, until you need something?" She laughs, as we sit down at the table.
"I'm sorry about that, everything has been so crazy lately, how are you doing?"
"Oh.. Um well I'm doing okay."
"You sure? You don't seem sure."
"No I'm fine honestly, so what help do you need today." She smiles.

"So I'm writing this song, I've done most of it, but there's something off, I can't describe it."
"No I know what you mean, can I take a look?" She asks.
"Of course," I reply as I pass her a sheet of paper.

-------------------
After an hour of changing some lyrics and finding a good beat, we were done.

"I think that's it." I glee.
"I'm glad I could help." Camila says, as she checks her phone.
"You've been checking that thing a lot, are you expecting something?" I ask.
"It's just... I'm sorry don't worry."
"Camila please tell me, I'm your friend, you can trust me." I assure her.
"Remember when we all went on tour with Austin?"
"Yeah that was a while ago, what about that?"
"Well you know how people always thought me and him were a couple or something?"
"Yes." I hastily reply.
"Well we weren't. But then two months ago he reached out to me. He said that he always loved me. And the other day I saw some pictures of him with another girl, they were taken in Miami. He told me he went back to Texas to see him Mom."

---------------------------------------
{Lexi's POV}

I struggle to press the elevator button as I just about manage to hold a large box of doughnuts.
If I'm being honest I only got them because I got enough stamps on my loyalty card. Nonetheless I thought I'd go and give a few to Shawn, at least it was an excuse to go and see him whilst he was working.

Shortly I arrived at the 6th floor where the studio is. I walk down the corridor and see the door slightly opened. I went to go in but I heard him talking to someone. And me being the curious bitch I am, I had to listen and look to see if I can hear anything.

"Listen Camila, you don't need him. You are one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen, you need someone that's gonna treat you better, not make you feel like shit at every chance he gets."
I was so confused, what was happening?
"Shawn, I mean thanks, but I should get going, it was nice spending some time with you."
"Camila wait-"
"Shawn-"
"You'll be okay." He says, wrapping his arms around her and kissing her forehead softly.
And at this precise moment, my heart fell into the pit of my stomach.
I know Camila is his friend, but friends don't do that.
I felt numb.
The box of doughnuts smashed onto the hard floor and that made a loud noise.
"Shit shit shit." I panic, as I try to pick them up.
"Lexi?" Shawn says, opening the door and looking down on me.
Camila hurries past, down to the elevator.

"Don't talk to me." I slowly say, standing back up again.
"What's wrong?" He asks, clearly confused.
"What's wrong?! Just leave me alone." I say, turning around to walk off.
However this stopped as soon as Shawn put his hand on my side.
"Friends don't kiss each other like that!" I cry.
"What?! Oh Lexi come on! Did you even hear what we were talking about?"
"Just the part where you were calling her one of the most beautiful girls you've ever seen." I say, with my tears slowly falling down my cheek.
"Baby she's just upset over Austin, he's been cheating on her, well we think, I was just trying to make her feel better."
"Shawn you don't just fucking kiss someone."
"I'm sorry."
"But Shawn you're always sorry, you do something, that makes me feel like shit, and just expect me to forgive you as soon as you say sorry."
"I don't know what else to say-"
"I just need time to think."
"What do you mean?" He asks.
"I'm going home." I say softly.
I take a deep breathe, before I walk down the hall.

"LEXI!" Shawn shouts.
I turn around, I don't even know why.

He hurries over to me.

"Come to Australia with me."