Studio Talks

{Shawn's POV}

Lexi left and I stayed there sitting.
I took a sip of my drink, as my phone bleeped.
"Hey do you want to come over?" It read. I put my phone down abruptly, knowing that it was a girl called Erica who I hooked up with a few weeks ago.

But in all honestly, since I've been hanging around Lexi more, I don't want to sleep with other girls. And it's not because I want just her like that. I really like her. She has an amazing personality and we get along so well. And she's so fucking beautiful. There's just something about her, that I really like.

But I have to shake this. I'd be the worst boyfriend ever. I'm told over and over again that I'm selfish. That I always put music before anyone else. Which I guess was true when I was with Lauren, my ex girlfriend.

That's why I can't be with Lexi. I wouldn't be good for her. And with everything that's happened with Finn. She needs someone who'll treat her better. Better than me anyways.
I can't fall for her. That's why we're just going to be friends.
Friends.

I get up and walk out to my jeep. I sit inside and turn on the radio.

-------------------------
3 days later.

{Lexi's POV}

"Wait you guys like it?" I say, surprised.
"Lexi, the lyrics are great and with the right backing music, well.... I'd say you're looking at a hit!" Jake says.
"And he should know, considering he's worked with Ed Sheeran." Geoff laughs.
"Ah I'm so happy you both think it's good!"
"We can get this recorded any time you like, but I'd like to do it as soon as possible." Jake says.
"It's my friends birthday today and we're going away for a few days, but we could record it after that, in about 4 days." I reply.
"Sorted, come to the studio on the 27th and we'll do it. And in the mean time, Geoff and I will brainstorm some ideas of the backing music and how we're gonna do that."
"This is so exciting!" I can't help but say.
"I would be too." Geoff says smiling.
"I'll see you both there then."
"Bye Lexi." Jake says.

I walk out of the office and I can't contain my excitement and I have a moment of pure happiness. I jump up and down, internally screaming.

"What have I just witnessed?" Shawn says, laughing.

I look at him in total embarrassment.
"You wasn't supposed to see that." I shamefully say, sitting down onto the sofa.
"Don't worry you looked cute. What happened in there?" He says, sitting very closely next to me.
"I wrote a song, and well they thought it was good!"
"Oh my god that's amazing Lexi!"
"I'm going to record it in a few days! Oh my god I can't believe this is really happening." I say, lying back into the sofa.
Shawn does the same and I can feel the warmth literally radiating off him.
"Shawn you're so hot." I say.
"Whoah okay then." He laughs.
I thump him on his chest slightly.
"Shawn not like that. No you're like warm, as in your temperature!" I laugh.
"You say temperature, I say sexiness." He says.
"You better be joking,"
"You know I am." He chuckles.
"So." I say.
"So." He replies.
"What was it like recording life of the party?" I ask, more seriously.
"Well, if I'm being honest I was shit scared. But my excitement kind of took over. Like now I don't get nervous, but then. I don't know, it was like I was scared they were gonna think I couldn't actually sing and just send me home."
"Oh."
"No but that doesn't happen. You were discovered because they realised you're a great, talented singer. Just don't think negative. This is a good thing that is happening."
"Have you ever considered motivational speaking?" I ask, jokingly.
"That had never crossed my mind funnily enough." He jokes. "Hey, how about I come to the studio and show some moral support?" Shawn says, moving closer to me.

I pictured myself singing the song that was heavily inspired Shawn and him looking at me through the window and having that 'what the fuck? is this about me face?', which I don't really want to witness in person. And then I thought of being even more nervous if he was just smiling through the glass at me, initiating the heart fluttering.

"Lexi, is that okay?" He says, as there was silence.
"Oh Shawn you don't have to. I don't want to mess with your plans or anything-"
"Really I don't mind-"
"Don't worry about it. Really."
"Okay if you're sure." He replies.

"I should get going. Oh and I apologise for making you witness my crazy moment." I blush.
"It was my pleasure. See you soon." Shawn smiles.

I go out into the lobby and I quickly text Olivia.
"Ok I think I do really like Shawn now". I sent.
"Knew it :')" she replied seconds later.
"This isn't funny. I don't know what to do."
"Just go for it"
"I can't just go for it. He basically friend zoned me the other day."
"That's just all talk."
"I need to get him out of my head."
"Wanna watch a movie and order food?"
"I'm coming over now." I send.