Still Us

*A/N surprise*

{Lexi's POV}

Everything felt like it had frozen. All of my surroundings became unclear. My world fell away as soon as we made eye contact. "Shawn? What-" I stutter, at the shock of seeing him after all this time.

"Lexi! I was unsure if it was you, but as soon as I saw that jumper I knew it had to be. How are you?" Shawn says.
He grinned whilst he said that, which made my heart feel like it was falling out of my chest.
"I'm, I'm good." I stutter. "How's New York?"
"Pretty cool, me and the team have a small little place upstate and that's where we are producing more of my music. And I heard about Ian and Olivia, I take it you're gonna be god mother."
"... yeah I will be, she pretty much asked me as soon as she found out." I tried to say more cheerfully.

"What's that you've got?" He asks, looking down and picking up the holding the folded letter.

"Oh it's nothing, could I have it back-" I plead.
"It's a letter?" He raises his brow.

I don't even bother to protest. "Yeah it is, in some sense."

"What do you mean?"
"It was just one of those stupid letters that you write and then throw away because you don't want anyone to see them."

"What's it about?" He asks kindly.
"Read it, the contents inside will explain everything." I reply.

It took him a few minutes, and then a few more. I could see his eyes skimming the page over and over again. It was like he was trying to memorise the words, and the feelings.

"And you wrote this?" He asks, looking up. I could see tears welling up in his eyes.
I nod. "I was going to throw it away, I didn't ever want you to see it." I say, embarrassed. "Especially now that you're with her."

He quickly wiped his eyes, almost as if he was annoyed.
"I'm sorry Shawn." I say.
"It's okay, really, it's just, speaking of her." Shawn turned his head around to the door in which a woman walks briskly in.

He didn't need to introduce me to her. I already knew who she was when I saw her. Blonde hair, full lips, twinkling blue eyes, hourglass figure-

"This is my girlfriend." Shawn says to me, as he holds her hand. The woman does a bit of a shriek before extending her hand out for mine which I eventually give. "Nice to meet you!" She says.
" Did you want to stay and have a coffee with us?" Shawn asks.

There, in his eyes, his deep brown eyes, I saw it. The look a person makes when they are reaching out for something that they know has a two percent chance of ever happening, but they still try because they couldn't live with themselves if they didn't.

"You know what I really should get going. It was truly nice to see you again shawn, and it's so nice to meet you." I say to his girlfriend who wasn't paying much attention. I smile as I turn away and head for the door.
"But-" His hand on my wrist stops me. I keep my back to him but I turn my head. I wait for him to speak, but I'm afraid of what he is going to say. He removes his hand slowly, and I nod before I open the door, the tears sliding down my cheeks.
Because sometimes you can't help but love someone you shouldn't.

"Lexi-" He says, running out onto the street.
And I could see it in his eyes - to him, we were still us.

--------------------------------------

-THE END-

--------------------------------------

Thankyou all so much for reading, this book means so much to me and I hope you liked it too!! <3 I'm going to start writing again very soon probably after my exams are finished in June!

Love you

*completed 29/06/17*