Against The Universe

6 months later...

{Lexi's POV}

"How would you feel going extended your tour to Asia?" Andrew asks.
"Are you being serious I would love nothing more! What countries would we go? Hell, when are we going?!"
"It won't be for a few months, but I can make it happen for February March time."
"Yes! Yes oh my god." I scream.
"I'll start making a few calls." Andrew laughs, as he leaves my studio.

I quickly pull out my phone and ring Olivia.

"You'll never believe what." I say excitedly.
"What won't I believe?" She laughs.
"I'm continuing my tour in Asia. Probably in February March time." Even saying out loud doesn't feel real. I could only of dreamed that my music would be loved international.

"Oh my god! I'm so goddamn proud of you."
"Thank you so much, I have all you to thank really. If you didn't push me to first starting posting covers on youtube, none of this would be happening."
"Just make you haven't gone by December." Olivia laughs.

"Trust me, I'm not going to Asia for at least a  month after your due date." I assure her.

"Make sure of that, I may only have 8 more weeks to go but who knows I could go over that date."

"Don't worry Olivia, my Godson is my number one priority. Now, I need to go because I'm literally dying for a coffee, speak later?"
"Of course, love you."
"Love you too." I say, as I put my phone down.

I walk down the hall way to go to my favourite little coffee shop a block away. I pass Shawn's studio, it's been unused for a few months now. I heard that he's continuing writing all his songs in this place in upstate New York. We haven't spoken since the party, I guess we're both moving on.

I get to this little coffee shop on the corner of Adelaide Street, it's pretty empty and quiet, but I like it like this. It's calm and comforting.

I order my usual cappuccino and I sit in the same spot I always do, right by the window.

In the corner of my eye, I see a person that looked like Shawn. Of course it couldn't be but I could've been fooled with his brown messy hair and flannel. I look down and slightly grasp my rose necklace he got me a long, long time ago. I smile to myself, remembering all the good and happy memories we shared.

I pull out some spare paper and a pen and I begin writing. Not a song, but a letter. Although, I didn't plan on doing anything with it. You see, in this moment I had to write down all my feelings and then start afresh.

Dear Shawn, I begin,

There wasn't anything we could have done. For a long time after you, I blamed myself for it and I know that you too, thought it was more about you and less about the fact that we were meant to be nothing more than mere moments and not lifetimes for each other.
And of course it hurt when we didn't make it but that doesn't mean that we didn't love enough because I know we did. Because sometimes I stand in the mirror and I can still see you staring back at me and I know that you too probably have days where you look at your hands, and all you see are mine, but that's okay.

We didn't make it but we loved each other enough to try and hell did we try.

We tried so hard to against the universe although it had always had better people for us in store but we didn't see it then, we believed that we were right for each other but now we both know how wrong we were about that.

It's been six months now and I've heard you've fallen in love again, and maybe it's easier this time, to love and to be loved and that only makes me happy, because the universe fulfilled it's promise, she's there and she's yours.

I look hazily at the letter before I quickly fold it up. I walk towards the bin. I turn back around to head back to my table to grab my used napkin, but I knock into someone, dropping everything in my hands.

"Hi Lexi. Sorry about that." Shawn says with the biggest smile.