Celestial {Genderbend}

Celestial by @biracial-bombshell

(This is a long one and some of it is a rant sorry...)

Okay, Genderbend is everywhere. Genderbent Divergent, PJO, Hunger Games, Twilight (that one was weird af), but it's mainly Harry Potter. You'll see all of these lovely fanfics of the exact, same thing. Harriet Potter, René Weasley, and Herman Granger are starting their first year of Hogwarts and lots of amazing things happen!! Read on to find out what!! (P.s. I wrote this like thirty years ago, don't judge.)

Trust me; I'm judging.

So when I saw this fanfic was a genderbend I was internally cringing like, "here comes Harriet and Herman and René again doing the exact same things as the books, only Harry's got a skirt." Needless to say, my expectations were low just after reading the title.

But then I got to the description and nearly dropped dead. I was like, "LOOK! ITS NOT HARRIET THIS TIME! ITS HAZEL! AND ITS GOT A REAL PLOT! ITS NOT JUST HP REWRITTEN! I HAVE FAITH IN YOU!"

And then I dove right in.

There is only one chapter to this story as of now, and it left me on this cliffhanger dangling by one of Eleanor's knitted scarves. I WANT MORE.

THIS IS NOT YOUR TYPICAL GENDERBEND!

You didn't just go, "ok, I'm gonna rewrite HP;" you went, "I'm gonna put a crazy af spin on HP." And you did!

The hug I want to give you right now is probably bone-crushingly deadly. Probably worse than Molly's.

Okay, so I realize that with these genderbends, names are very limited. Like, you want it to sound like Harry, so most people go, HARRIET YES MY STROKE OF GENIUS! You used Hazel and I really like that. It's sorta original (at least to me), and definitely more original than Harriet.

Also, the way you set it up in the HP universe was wicked cool.

I literally have no criticism for this and I feel bad because you wanted criticism and I can't give you any!! It's just so good!

If anyone else reading this review would like to check out Celestial and see if there's anything that could be approved on, I'm sure that would be appreciated. Also, be sure to vote on it (authors love votes ps)!

I am totally going to keep reading as you update; this story is going to be littt with three Ts. I love where it's going!

Jtsquared4

(THANKSGIVING IS COMING UP YAY TURKEYS 🦃)

Also, I apologize if I offended anyone who wrote a genderbend story. This was not supposed to be offensive.