The Founders

The Founders by @The_girlwholived

The Founders. Many, many people have written stories about them, all with the same premises. They meet; they build the school; they become friends; Salazar throws a snake in the basement.

This is a totally different take on the Founders of Hogwarts, and it's frickin beautiful. You are a gifted writer, and I found myself binge reading the story. I love how you wrote it. I love everything about it. Everything.

I've literally got nothing bad to say about this one. Most of the time when I read a story as good as this one, I go back through and get really nitpicky, but there is literally nothing wrong with it. It's a masterpiece. So, basically this whole review is just me raving about how good it is.

(Okay, besides the slight issue with the format change, everything is amazing, and the story is honestly so good. So, don't worry about the format I just thought I'd bring it up.)

Okay, Rowena and Helga are so cute together. I'd never thought of them as a couple before (honestly, I never paired any of the four founders together) but now I ship them so hard. Every Ravenclaw needs a Hufflepuff.

Idk if this is just because I'm a Slytherin, but I find Salazar to be really relatable, and the things he says are either funny as all crap or totally rude. But, when he's funny, it isn't on purpose, and that's exactly how I pictured him. But then he doesn't apologize for being rude, and that's totally a Slytherin thing. I really like how you created Salazar.

On the topic of characters, Godric is spot on as well. In fact, they all are. Helga is so sweet and Rowena is so clever and Godric is chivalrous. You've done a fantastic job with creating the Founders. Round of applause 👏

And... Can we just talk about the song? The chapter where they wrote the song was golden. And when Salazar was like, "pass," I nearly rolled out of my bed laughing. And the "hoggy warty" part is so Helga. And the beginning of the song is totally Gryffindor; the entire song now has a new meaning to me. Thank you.

Speaking of songs, the sorting hat is a freaking savage. He like totally roasted Salazar, and that is yet another example of when I laughed way too hard.

I'd never really put much thought into Rowena's daughter's name, but now... it's like you uncovered the hidden mystery of the Harry Potter series. It's bloody brilliant.

I know this is pretty obvious, but your dialogue is amazing. You've written it extremely well. It's like I'm watching one of those tv shoes with the kings and empires and fancy speaking people. It sounds authentic and regal. You've taken me back in time with this story, and I love it!!

Like I said before in a few other reviews, if you're reading this review and haven't read The Founders, there is literally something wrong with you. I've tagged the author in the comments, so you should take the time to read it. It's literally fabulous.

-Jtsquared4