Race Against Myself

''Everything I touch, it turns to total garbage, and I end with...''
________________________________________________________________________________

   ''I'm sorry Edward.'', ''That wasn't even an apology...'' Edward thought the day after with his hand on his face with a bothered expression snapping out of it when he felt a light tap on the head, ''Earth to Pipsqueak. Today's an early day, let's go everyone's waiting for us at the front of the school.'' Envy said with Edward closing his locker. ''Sorry, I was just thinking something.'' Edward said following after the palm haired male putting his hand around the other surprising Envy who just looked at the blonde who looked up at him with a smile, ''Pipsqueak...'', ''I like being with you lately Envy.'' Edward admitted with Envy staying quiet but smiled at him. ''You're just saying that.'', ''No, I mean it.'' Edward said with a smile, but dropped it seeing a note stuck to Roy's back that said 'Faggot Teacher' realizing Roy was too tired to notice it as he spoke to Sheska outside his door, ''Roy, you're pushing yourself too much.'' The brunette said stopping when seeing Envy and Edward. ''For the last time I'm not- Hmm?'' The raven haired teacher said stopping when Sheska paused turning to see what had caught her attention to see Edward's arm around Envy's, ''...Boys...'', ''You have something on your back.'' Envy said pointing to his back making Roy try to reach to his back but failed to reach it. ''Here.'' Edward said going over and pulling the note off his back and handing it to him with a hard to read expression seeing him furrow his eyebrows before speaking up, ''Let's go Envy.'' The blonde said taking Envy by the hand who looked even more surprised, ''Slow down will you!'' Roy heard looking down at the note in his hand seeing the derogatory term used towards him hurting him more.

''Of course....'' Roy said pained seeing Sheska take the paper from him and crumple it up, ''The note bothered you, but more the way Edward is with Envy... That's what's really bothering you.'', ''Of course but...'', ''Than why don't you tell him the truth, tell him how you really feel!'' Sheska said frustrated. ''....I don't understand what's holding you back...'' The small brunette said leaving Roy quiet, ''I think I hurt him too much too fix things plus...'' Roy said quietly glancing over when his student kissed Envy pulling away with a laugh sticking out his tongue at the flustered male who just ran after him. ''Bullshit. You still have time to fix this, You're just choosing not to.'' Sheska said with an angered expression in her usually kind green eyes, that surprised Roy when she walked off leaving him by himself heaving a sigh, ''I have one more day to think this over good and fix this but... I don't think I deserve second chances...'' Roy muttered to himself. ''Hey, I don't know if you guys ever noticed Musty has baby cheeks.'' Ling said at Ed's place since they decided to hang out, ''Right, but didn't he lose them before when he suddenly took a break from teaching?'' Greed said thinking about, ''That's right, He stopped taking care of himself and fell into depression, from what I heard.'' May Chang said holding Xiao-Mei in her arms. ''That's right....'' Envy said adding to the topic, ''From what Lusty told me, He lost a friend, so he couldn't take it and took a break, but fell into really bad depression.'', ''You mean Hughes.'' Al said, ''Yeah.'', ''You know the Prince brings up a point.'' Greed said surprised at the point Ling brought up.

''About his baby cheeks?'' Edward questioned with a raised brow and confused expression, ''Yes. See, he's losing them again, if you hadn't noticed which means, he isn't taking care of himself at all.'' Greed commented, making Edward realize he was right since his teacher was looking tired and down recently, since he had gone off on him. ''Stress?'', ''No it's more than stress. He's hiding something, so he's falling into depression again.'' Ling commented in thought, ''You're not wrong...'' Envy started with Edward getting irritated, ''Can we stop talking about that useless fucking teacher for once!'' He snapped making the group stay quiet. ''Alright....Relax...'' Envy said seeing Edward make a face, ''Alright, alright. Who's taking who to who to prom?'' Greed said changing the topic making everyone make a face at the question, ''What?...'', ''What? The Midget said to change the topic, so I am.'' The amethyst eyed twin said with his usual cool attitude. ''May Chang.'' Al said, ''Lan Fan.'' Ling said after, "Pass.'' Winry said casually, ''Definitely pass.'' Envy said quickly making a face, "I don't have time for that shit.'' He added, ''I don't know yet.'' Edward said with a mumble, ''...How about you?'' Edward asked back, ''Hmm... I haven't thought about that yet.'' Greed lied with a casual grin. ''That's not what you told me earlier-'', ''Be quiet Prince.'' Greed cut off quickly before Ling had the chance to rat him out of his intentions of asking Envy to prom, with Envy raising a brow at him, ''Okay...'', ''Why don't we all just go? I mean we can all have fun together?'' Winry said with the group staying quiet for moment speaking at the same time, ''Alright you win, we'll all go.''.