Chapter 37

Skyler's POV

I was sitting on the floor hugging my 2 precious babies close to me afraid that if I let go they will be pulled away from me. I backed away from them and looked at them closely. They both had a mix of mine and Max's looks.

"I missed you guys."I said tears falling out of my eyes as I smiled at them.

"We missed you too."They both said at the same time. I looked between them chuckling a bit and hugged them again. I looked up at Braydon and my smile got even bigger as I laid my head on top of their shoulders. I pulled away from them and stood up walking over to Zach and Braydon and pulling them into a bone crushing hug which they returned.

"Thank you guys."I said tears blurring my vision...Again.

"No problem baby sis."Braydon said kissing the top of my head. We pulled away and I grabbed Tyler's hand and made him come over to the twins.

"Zayn, Zara, this is Tyler."I said to them and watched as Zayn stepped in front of Zara a little bit almost protecting her. Zara rolled her eyes and jumped on top of Zayn's back.  I smiled as I saw Zayn look back with a smile on his face.

"Nice to meet you guys."Tyler said but it sounded more like a question as he looked in my direction his green orbs dancing with confusion.

"Who are you to my mommy?"Zayn asked Tyler. He looked over at me and smiled with love now in his eyes.

"She is the love of my life."He said and I cuddled into his side as I heard an awe come from behind us. I turned around to see Jahyla, Lizzie, Esteban and Jackson standing there.

"You guys spread out a little bit."I told them as I grabbed the twin's hands."Ok this is your auntie Lizzie, and your auntie Jahyla."I said softly pointing to them. I then moved over to the boys and sighed.

"There's your uncle Esteban, uncle Jackson, uncle Braydon and uncle Zach."I said pointing to them. Zayn and Zara soon nodded their heads knowing who was who.

"Mommy, where's daddy?"Zara soon asked making all of us freeze and everybody to stare at me.

"Daddy, isn't coming back, but he's in a better place now."I said my voice slightly cracking and tears falling from my eyes. I bet this would be harder on Zara since she was closer to Max, she was just a big daddy's girl unlike Zayn who was a mamma's boy. Zara's eyes soon clouded with tears as she threw herself at me tears falling from her eyes landing on my shoulders as she silently cried. It took a while for Zayn to understand what I said and soon he came running to me crying for their dead father to come back.

"It's ok. I promise you guys that you won't be alone. OK?"I asked them and they nodded their heads yawning. I looked over at Tyler and silently asked him to help me with my eyes. He picked up Zara who instantly cuddled into him and I picked up Zayn who was already falling asleep on my shoulder. I checked the time and saw it was 5 in the morning. 

"You guys can spend the night if you want."

"Hallelujah!"Esteban and Jackson screamed jumping on top of the couch already falling asleep. We all chuckled at their childish behavior as Lizzie went over to Esteban and cuddle beside him who instantly wrapped his arm around her waist. Jahyla and Jackson doing the same thing before falling asleep. Braydon then went upstairs telling Zach he can sleep on the futon in his room. I went upstairs following the boys but went to my room to see Tyler and Zara cuddling close making my heart flutter to see her already accept him. I laid Zayn down and went in with him after. I kissed the kids heads and kissed Tyler's cheek. A small smile was soon on his face and I laid down beside Zane wondering how my life came to this. How I got my family back. With that thought on my head I fell into a peaceful sleep.