Chapter 18: I let go

Keith's P.O.V

"It's good to see you again, Keith." She sat next to me on the bench. I was speechless. Why was she pregnant? Was it Alex's baby? Or was she with someone else now? What happened? Will I get et back? I'm rich enough to buy her father's company, he can't say anything now.

"It's great to see you too, Jess", I replied softly. "You look great", I said and I meant it. Even though she was pregnant, she looked beautiful.

"And big?", she questioned playfully. She smiled.
I smiled back too and said,"Certainly." I chuckled softly. Eager to know her story, I started, "So who's the father?"

"What do you mean, who's the father?"
I remained silent. The she said, "Alex, of course."

"Alex?"

"Yes, my husband."

How could you let him touch you?

"I thought you hated him."

"You won't understand even if I told you."

"Try me", I challenged.

"I fell for him and he fell for me."

"What?"

"Yes, I know you have all the right to be mad at me for getting over you so soon but we found that we loved each other even though it wasn't what we planned."

"How do you fall for someone like that?"

"Love comes unexpectedly, Keith."
"Me and Alex always keep updated with what's happening with you."

"What do you mean?" I asked her looking confused.

"What I mean is we both still love you and care about you, as a good friend of course, we know your father made you marry his friend's daughter..."

"How-"

"Alex has connections, you know." She said simply and smiled.

"Why would you both still want me in your lives, especially Alex?"

"I thought I finally met someone who understands me, when I met you Keith. After I married Alex I realised I had someone who understood me all my life, I moved on."

What she said felt like a punch in my gut. She didn't need me anymore.

"Alex?" I inquired.

"Well, Alex has idiots around him to worship and idolise him. You were his first true friend, Keith."

I remained silent. I wasn't ready to move on so easily. She's mine. Alex took her from me!!!
I looked at her, she was smiling and then her baby... I had to let go... of her, my past, everything

"So, how is she?"

I turned and looked at her..."How is who?"

"Your wife, Sarah?"

Oh well...honestly I didn't know myself. In fact, this is the first time she has crossed my mind in a while. I don't know where she is... not that I care...
"She's good", I replied casually.

"That's great! Bring her here sometime."

Yeah right. Not if I get rid of her. Wait! didn't I already get rid of her? I smiled in satisfaction.

"Sure", I said.
***
I threw the shirts in and shut my bag. Tears were about to burst through my eyes but I didn't cry... I shouldn't. If I truly love her, I should be happy for her.
I went down to the lobby and exited the hotel. I got into my car as fast as I could and it pulled through the streets of London to the airport.
***
I looked out the window. That's it! this chapter is closed. Jessy belongs to Alex and I should finally let go... And I did.

________________________
Authors note: I'm very very very sorry guys for the extremely late update!!!!! I'm promise to update frequently this month. Stay tuned... and don't worry I don't plan on making it easy for Keith.